Question

cad hatch geometry missing

• 8 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi

I want to convert polygon shp to cad hatch,everything is fine ,except the hatch geometry attribute only have elevation ,the area is missing(we badly need it in production environment). I do some test, find out that may be the area attribute is assosiate with hatch boundary. is there a way I can do to get area attribute wirte in cad hatch in FME workbench?

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Badge +21

I think the DWGStyler transformer will create different kind of hatches. Have a look at the help page for that

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @garfield,

I'm sorry, at present it is not possible to write Hatches with an Area property to DWG. I have created a problem report on this issue, and will notify you as soon as it is fixed (FMEENGINE-62108).

However, Mpolygons and Regions are written to DWG with the Area property, and are both available as an alternative for area features in the DWGStyler, so using one of these instead of Hatch may be your best solution right now.

Badge +8

May be stupid suggestion, is it a way to go through MicroStation Designfile (dgn) and then have AutoCad read that result? I remember dgn and dwg pretty much keep up exchange possibilities among eachother.