Question

FME 2017 can't read Sharepoint Online

• 14 November 2017
  • 12 replies

Badge

Hi there,

I'm having trouble reading a Sharepoint Online list using FME 2017.0 - I was able to do this in FME 2016, but would like to use 2017 so I can also use the CSV2 reader..

The error seems to be something to do with SSL verification. The username and password are definitely correct because this exact same reader works in 2016.

Thanks, error message below:

Microsoft SharePoint List Reader: SSL certificate verification failed for host 'XXXX.sharepoint.com'. HTTPS connections may not be secure. Disabling verification of SSL certificates. Message: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)

Microsoft SharePoint List Reader: Error authenticating via SAML. Verify that the username and password are correct, and that this is a SharePoint Online instance. Response message was: ''

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'SHAREPOINT' from 1 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
What specific build of FME are you using? I found a problem with SAML authentication but it was reported fixed in build 17289 or greater. If you are using that or a newer build, did you replace the reader in your workspace? If not, can you try that?

Failing that I would report this to our support team directly (safe.com/support) - you could mention PR#77292, which I believe to be related to the issue.

Badge

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. I'm using build 17259 - I'll see if I can get this updated to a newer build and let you know if that works.

EDIT: Upgraded to FME 2017.1.1.1 (build 17652) and it was working, but now a new error - 'Could not detect login form'. This has been reported to user support and currently waiting for an update - it is a known issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. I'm using build 17259 - I'll see if I can get this updated to a newer build and let you know if that works.

EDIT: Upgraded to FME 2017.1.1.1 (build 17652) and it was working, but now a new error - 'Could not detect login form'. This has been reported to user support and currently waiting for an update - it is a known issue.

Excellent. Let me know how it goes and if it still doesn't work I can investigate some more.

Badge

Upgraded to build 17652 and it is now working again. Thanks for your help and quick response!

I was experiencing a similar error, and upgraded. I am on build 17652, and it still isn't working. It is now logging a python error stating "Could not detect login form". Please advise if there is something else that I should try to resolve the issue.

Badge
I was experiencing a similar error, and upgraded. I am on build 17652, and it still isn't working. It is now logging a python error stating "Could not detect login form". Please advise if there is something else that I should try to resolve the issue.

Hi, about a day after I had it working I also got the 'Could not detect login form' error - I reported to the support team and apparently it is a known issue being worked on. Hopefully an update soon. Cheers.

Badge +10

I am having the same issue as described in the edit. Hope it will be fixed quickly!

Badge +10

The issue is fixed in the FME2018 beta (build 18220)

The issue is fixed in the FME2018 beta (build 18220)

Confirmed! Thanks for the update.
Badge +1

Hi, @mark2atsafe I am using FME2018.1 build 18578 WIN64 and I am also having issues reading in a SharePoint Online list. I have chosen the 'Authentication' as 'SAML (SharePoint Online)'.

I keep getting this error:

Microsoft SharePoint List Reader: Error authenticating via SAML. Verify that the username and password are correct, and that this is a SharePoint Online instance. Response message was: '200'

I have also tried it with FME2017.1.2.1 Build 17725 WIN32 but I get a different error here:

Microsoft SharePoint List Reader: Error authenticating via SAML. Verify that the username and password are correct, and that this is a SharePoint Online instance. Response message was: '403'

Can you please explain the difference between the two errors so I can try to work out what the issues are?

Also, can you please tell me if the 'Site' field should be the link to the actual List page or the overall domain?

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi, @mark2atsafe I am using FME2018.1 build 18578 WIN64 and I am also having issues reading in a SharePoint Online list. I have chosen the 'Authentication' as 'SAML (SharePoint Online)'.

I keep getting this error:

Microsoft SharePoint List Reader: Error authenticating via SAML. Verify that the username and password are correct, and that this is a SharePoint Online instance. Response message was: '200'

I have also tried it with FME2017.1.2.1 Build 17725 WIN32 but I get a different error here:

Microsoft SharePoint List Reader: Error authenticating via SAML. Verify that the username and password are correct, and that this is a SharePoint Online instance. Response message was: '403'

Can you please explain the difference between the two errors so I can try to work out what the issues are?

Also, can you please tell me if the 'Site' field should be the link to the actual List page or the overall domain?

Thanks,

Well 200 is supposed to indicate success, which I don't think it is, so I'm not sure about that. I think it's a false message so chasing down code 200 won't help. 403 means you are trying to access a forbidden resource. It sounds like a permissions issue, so I would concentrate on that. Can you turn on Tools > FME Options, click on the Translation tab, and under Log Message Filter turn on Log Debug. For HTTP type issues it can often give you more information in the log window.

Other than that, I would suggest posting this as a new question, since not many people will find it hidden here. You could also contact our support team directly for assistance (safe.com/support) as I'm sure there's someone more familiar with SharePoint than I am.
Badge +1

Well 200 is supposed to indicate success, which I don't think it is, so I'm not sure about that. I think it's a false message so chasing down code 200 won't help. 403 means you are trying to access a forbidden resource. It sounds like a permissions issue, so I would concentrate on that. Can you turn on Tools > FME Options, click on the Translation tab, and under Log Message Filter turn on Log Debug. For HTTP type issues it can often give you more information in the log window.

Other than that, I would suggest posting this as a new question, since not many people will find it hidden here. You could also contact our support team directly for assistance (safe.com/support) as I'm sure there's someone more familiar with SharePoint than I am.

Thanks @mark2atsafe I have posted a new question: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/92603/microsoft-sharepoint-list-reader-issue.html