Question

Error with Path Reader - Automation in FME Server

• 2 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a problem with Path Reader in FME Server during Automations. I am quite new in FME Server, so maybe this issue is very easy.

I would like to build automation with Directory Watch as Trigger - if file is creating or modyfing Workspace will run. Path to watch: $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)/Input.

First part of my script, created in FME Desktop, depends on moving and archiving old data from $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)/Output to $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)/Archive. I built script in FME Workbench, wherein the Reader is PATH, and the Writer is file_copy.

When I run this script with using Run Workspace in FME Server, everything is correct, old data are moved and new data are transformed and saved in FME Server Resources.

But when I try to run it with Automation, something is wrong and in the log I can find the information:

79Path Reader: Error opening the PATH Reader on folder 'Server\\resources\\data\\Output'. Could not find folder.80MULTI_READER(PATH_1): Skipping to next Reader81A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

And Translation is failed...

I would be grateful for any idea to solve my problem!

1 reply

Badge +21

Hi @borko_k - have you tried with \\ or \\\\ instead of / ?