Question

How can I avoid feature database names and only write feature classes to GDB

• 25 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I am reading feature classes contained in feature datasets from a FGDB and then write all feature classes to a SDE/GDB. My question is how I can avoid feature dataset names and only write feature classes. I don't need the feature dataset names

3 replies

Badge +1

This has driven me nuts before now. Do you mean feature dataset and not feature database? If you expose the atrribute using an "Atrribute Exposer" and the manage it. I have used the "Attribute Remover" to do this. Depends on your workspace flow.

Badge +4

David_r and Samvernon, Thanks for providing your suggestions. I want to load only feature class from FGDB to Enterprise GDB and no feature dataset names. I was able to find another post and applied the solution: add AttributeCreator and set "geodb_feature_dataset" to a blank value. This solution worked and resolved my issue. Thanks again.

Badge +2

A couple of thoughts on the feature dataset.

- there are differences between the "Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb)" and the "Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb Open API)" on how they handle the Feature Dataset. The former sets the geodb_feature_dataset attribute, the latter includes the feature dataset in the feature type name. featuredataset/featureclass

- if your writing to existing feature classes in the enterprose Geodb, then the feature dataset should be ignored, since a feature class name has to be unique across the database. If the feature class doesn't exist in the Enterprise Geodb, then you will have to remove the feature dataset attribute as suggested by @samvernon and @david_r