Question

KML Writer with Attributes from Multiple Tables

• 29 March 2013
  • 2 replies

Hi.  I am using a SpatialFilter transformer to join two Oracle tables, and routing the result set to an Inspector and to a KML Writer.  The Inspector is correctly showing all wanted attributes from both tables (I am using AttributeKeepers to filter to only wanted attributes).  The KML Writer, however, is only showing the attributes for the parent table.  In the KML Writer, under Dynamic Properties, I am selecting both source schemas, so I'm unsure why the Writer is only showing the attributes from the parent schema.  Is there a way I can make the KML Writer show the attributes from both schemas (preferably without using an external .csv as I don't know whether I will have access to external files within a production mode). 

Thanks very much.

JR

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi JR,

The results in the inspector can be tricky since they show the ffs file and its attributes, created to visualize the results.

If you are using dnamic referening both input tables and the results contain only attributes from one input, that usually means that the second input is not mapped.

In case of many base features it is better to use the spatial relator, creating a list of the related candidate features.

Exploding the list (list exploder) will return the related candidate features.

Hope this hepls.

Thanks, Itay.  I will give the SpatialRelator transformer along with the ListExploder a try on Monday.  Sounds promising.

Thanks!

JR