Question

Smallworld translator 4.3 export changes from baseline

• 17 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I use the smallworld 4.3 translator to read data from a Smallworld database in FME 2016.1 32bit

In the SWORLDSWAF reader i enter an alternative that I am interested in (Alternative: |design_top|xxxxx|) and set export changes from baseline = Yes and Baseline Alternative= | to read changes from the top.

I then expect to only get the changes made in this alternative in the database.

When i run the query early in the morning (close in time to a nightly system restart) I get the expected result with changes from the alternative of interest. However during the day I get more and more data that has nothing to do with the alternative. I seems like there is a session created at my first connection attempt whitch is then used as top and all changes in or outside the alternative of interest is considered a change.

Powergrid is the software we use for network design and in there I can refresh the session I work in by clicking a button. This function is what I need to access via FME somehow.

I have tried setting my alternative as Baseline Alternative but that gives the same result.

Anyone having any idea?

Thanks,

Mårten

2 replies

Badge +2

Mårten: is it possible that you're also seeing the changes that are occurring in |design_top that are posted by other users? So if you are editing the version:

<top>|design_top|working_versionA

and another user is editing :

<top>|design_top|working_versionB

and they post changes to their changes to |design_top, we think that you might see those changes when you diff <top> with |working_versionA

Yes, I think that is the case here. I find this a bit of a strange behavior since I enter the alternative (working_versionA) that I an interested in?

It is like the Alternative is not considered when the diff is calculated.