Question

Found a bug in the WFS reader ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi Safe.

I seem to have stumbled across a bug in the WFS reader, that may also affect other OGC readers.

Our local WFS services typically have a few extra parameters, e.g. "servicename", "login" and "password", or "ticket". These are given in the stub that the reader receives, and normally it works just fine.

However, one of our services returned these parameters in the service stubs in the "capabilities" document, but had lowercased all the parameter names. I.e. the FME stub contained "Login=" and "Password=", but the returned capability-stubs had "login=" and "password=".

Unfortunately FME handles this wrong, as it appends the camelcased parameters to the lowercased stub, because FME considers the parameter names to be different bacause of case sensitivity.

The reason I say it's wrong, is because the OGC documents clearly state that "Parameter names shall not be case sensitive, but parameter values shall be case sensitive."

http://docs.opengeospatial.org/is/09-025r2/09-025r2.html WFS 2.0 paragraph 6.2.5.2

We're changing our services to respect the used case, but FME should also support the given standard as-is, and compare parameter names without case sensitivity.

Using 2018.1 x64

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

And when you have both "Login=abc" and "login=abc" the service (IIS or other) sees this as "LOGIN=abc,abc", i.e. yielding an invalid value. (the uppercase is just for clarity).

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @lifalin2016,

Thanks for bringing up the potential issue! Would you be open to trying this out in the latest beta? The download can be found here.