Question

What JDBC connections have you used in FME?

Badge +11

I recently updated Robyn's "Using the FME JDBC Format" article, adding a few more formats and a new category for the JDBC formats that FME now supports more completely, including documentation.

It got me thinking... what have others attempted to do with the JDBC Reader/Writer?

If you have any experiences - I'd be curious to hear about them and I could update the article.

4 replies

Badge +11

I had a play with MongoDB JDBC but now FME has that as a supported format.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

I have not used any JDBC formats in FME Desktop.

But I have used JDBC connections in the FME Server environment (connecting to SQL Server):

DB_DRIVER=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Badge +2

Had a customer using JDBC to connect to Oracle but we then install a client and saw a big improvement in performance!

Badge +5

I have used jdbc RW from SAP HANA (I think before native support on the W (for the Win ;)

A weird one I have read filemakerPro tables > SQL Server using JDBC connection string. jdbc:filemaker://$(server)/$(table) using the jdbc driver which comes with FileMaker (fmjdbc.jar) installer materials

And Neo4j as per Raven's blog, but i was told recently i need to speak to @ulfme about Stardog (anyone up for a Graph db sidebar in Vancouver?)