Question

CityGML generic Attributes

• 19 August 2013
  • 5 replies

Hi there,

i have a CityGML writer which works perfect and writes Lod0FootPrint's for buildings. However the generic attributes attached to the buildings are not written completely. The writer is just writing one generic attribute and is ignoring the other ones. What do i have to do? I enbaled the "Include Generic Attributes as Feature Types" option!

Thx in advance

Thomas

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Tom,

Since I dont  work with CityGML as much as I would like, its more of a shot in the dark......are you importing the feature type definitions and attributes from an external file as described here? or are you creating them yourself?

Itay
Badge
Hi Thomas,

I'm interested in this topic too. I wonder if you could tell me if you have descovered what the problem is? I manage to enter my atributes manualy for the moment, but i have a large area to cover in the future. By the way where is the optIon "Include Generic Attributes as Feature Types" because i can't find it?

Thx

Alex
Hi Alex,

my setting was still ok. The problem was that some of my attributes were NULL for the features i checked and thus were not written as generic attributes to citygml. A simple NullAttributeReplacer did the trick or respectively checking features with filled attribuites ;-). Regarding your second question, if you go to Writers=>Update FeatureTypes=> Parameters you will find the option.

Hope this helps...

Thomas
Badge
Thx for your answer Thomas

I have to write a LOD2 model in CityGML so it's a little bit more complicated to write the attributes.Actualy a got all the attributes written for all my objects, from building to roofs and walls. But i suspect it's because i'm writing all the features in a single writer.I'll try to isolate my features whits separate writer. I'm actualy new in using CityGML but i find it very exciting..

Thx again for the answer

Alex
Badge +9

I had the problem, that the only way to write generic attributes was to specify them

"hard coded" as User Attributes in writer settings.

It turned out, that they can be written dynamically, by using an fme schema csv file which is read by a SCHEMA_FROM_TABLE reader (add as workspace ressource) and used in dynamic settings.