Solved

Orientation of PDF Output

Badge

Good day,

I create one map per ship showing its track of the last month. The map is output as pdf (Adobe Geospatial PDF Writer). By default the page orientation is portrait. I would like to dynamically change the orientation to landscape depending of the map's bounding box (width/length). How can I do it?

icon

Best answer by debbiatsafe 6 June 2018, 23:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @kat

You can use a Tester or TestFilter to route features based on the bounding box ratio (eg. if width greater than length = portrait, etc.) to an appropriately configured PDFPageFormatter. You will be able to determine the page size and orientation using the PDFPageFormatter.

Badge

Hi @kat

You can use a Tester or TestFilter to route features based on the bounding box ratio (eg. if width greater than length = portrait, etc.) to an appropriately configured PDFPageFormatter. You will be able to determine the page size and orientation using the PDFPageFormatter.

Thanks. Working fine. I even don't need the PDFPageFormatter. I only create the pdf_page_size attribute.

Badge +9
Thanks. Working fine. I even don't need the PDFPageFormatter. I only create the pdf_page_size attribute.

Hello @kat, I am trying to do the same thing, so was wondering if you could do a screen shot of what you did to solve this issue please?