Solved

"Dynamic" output to SQL Server - no Table Qualifier/database schema ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi,

I'm fairly new to using the dynamic output, but needed it for converting a set of shape files to SQL Server.

The writer has a "Table Qualifier" field, which in static writing designates the target database schema.

However, when used in dynamic writing mode, the value entered here is completely ignored, and the tables are all created in the "dbo" schema.

Is this WAD og a bug ? And if WAD, is it possible to set the database schema anyway ?

Cheers

Lars I.

icon

Best answer by takashi 13 October 2017, 16:30

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @lifalin2016, I was able to reproduce the same symptom as yours, and I think it is a kind of bug. Hope someone from Safe will check this > @NatalieAtSafe.

A workaround I found is:

• Set the qualified table name "<schema name>.@Value(fme_feature_type)" to the Table Name.
  • Leave the Table Qualifier field blank.
  • Set "fme_feature_type" to the Schema Definition Name explicitly.

In FME 2017.1, this seems to work as expected.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @lifalin2016, I've been able to reproduce the issue as well. There is an existing problem report (PR74153) and I have linked your question to it. I'm sorry that you've encountered this issue. We will provide an update here once the report is addressed. In the meantime, @takashi's workaround should get you going.

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi @lifalin2016, I was able to reproduce the same symptom as yours, and I think it is a kind of bug. Hope someone from Safe will check this > @NatalieAtSafe.

A workaround I found is:

• Set the qualified table name "<schema name>.@Value(fme_feature_type)" to the Table Name.
  • Leave the Table Qualifier field blank.
  • Set "fme_feature_type" to the Schema Definition Name explicitly.

In FME 2017.1, this seems to work as expected.

Thanks Takashi,

I did initially try with my target schema in the "Table Name" field, which failed. But adding the "Schema Definition Name" did the trick. I didn't recognize this decoupled "schema lookup value", but just assumed that FME always used "fme_feature_type".

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi @lifalin2016, I've been able to reproduce the issue as well. There is an existing problem report (PR74153) and I have linked your question to it. I'm sorry that you've encountered this issue. We will provide an update here once the report is addressed. In the meantime, @takashi's workaround should get you going.

Any news on fixing this issue ?

Badge

Yes, indeed the bug is still present in FME2018. Now I am struggling with a dynamic concatenation of the fully qualified table name to reach my goals of dynamically creating tables in other namespaces than public

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @TiaAtSafe, this question could lead to the same trouble.

Is there any update on the PR74153?
Badge +10

@takashi

I have a similar problem with the Postgis and did the suggested workaround,postgis-writer1.png

but still writing to the public schema

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

@takashi

I have a similar problem with the Postgis and did the suggested workaround,postgis-writer1.png

but still writing to the public schema

The attached image cannot be accessed. Please post again.

Badge +10

@takashi

sorry , here is postgis-writer1.png

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

@takashi

You have set the dataset "GC [test] POSTGIS - 1" which is same as the destination dataset to the Schema Sources parameter. Is it intentional?

What would happen if you uncheck it here?
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

@takashi

Have you modified the Schema Sources as I mentioned above?

The problem would not be solved even if you modified the Schema Sources, please contact Safe support.