Question

Projectwise IMS Connectivity

• 22 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am looking to connect to the on-premises Projectwise.

I have been able to identify the base URL in the form: https//myhost.com/

I type the URL on the browser and asks for my credentials, as well for the project I want to log in.

Now one of the tricks is, we are using Bentley IMS services, so I do not have a password, it recognises instantly my email address.

So, my first superficial question is, are there any ideas on how to handle this? I do not need to specify a psw within Bentley, so how is this translated in the FME world to establish a connection?

Thank you,

George

5 replies

Badge +10

Hi @georgefloros,

Currently, the ProjectwiseWSGConnector transformer only accepts username and passwords directly.

I've filed an issue for our development team (FMEENGINE-64143) to investigate and look into supporting single-sign on, specifically looking into IMS login capabilities for the transformer.

- Andrea

Hi @georgefloros,

Currently, the ProjectwiseWSGConnector transformer only accepts username and passwords directly.

I've filed an issue for our development team (FMEENGINE-64143) to investigate and look into supporting single-sign on, specifically looking into IMS login capabilities for the transformer.

- Andrea

Hi @andreaatsafe. I was wondering if there was any follow up to this? I'm currently running into the same issue. Thank you!

Badge +10

Hi @andreaatsafe. I was wondering if there was any follow up to this? I'm currently running into the same issue. Thank you!

Hi @spizam,

This is still an outstanding enhancement request for our development team. Should you want to be notified by email, please submit a support case with us here and include a link to this post.

I will be sure to update this post when the issue has been resolved.

- Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Any success story you want to share regarding the item?

Hi Andrea,

Any success story you want to share regarding the item?

Would also be interested in hearing how this is coming along.