Question

SDE Reader selection of records

• 16 September 2013
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have an SDE dataset containing about 90 records which is updated weekly with new records coming in and old ones moving on.

The task is to select a record that has recently come in, and feed it through a series of geoprocessing processes.

I would like to set up in Published Parameters the option to select the record within FME, before starting the process.

I have tried to do this through SEARCH FEATURE, but despite the list of records being displayed, and the selection taking place the process ends up with the error

'Must specify an even number of coordinates for 'SEARCH_FEATURE'

Program Terminating' 

Can this be done?

Also if it can be done, will FME be able to change the records for selection according to the change in the dataset.

?

regards

John

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi John,

Is there possibly a creation date from which you can distinguish the newly added records?
Hello Itay,

Thanks for your reply, but I really need to have the selection based on the field that contains name of the record.

I thought it would be quite straightforward.

I am thinking of doing the whole thing in Arc Modeller as there is a parametrer option based on the field value containing the name.

regards

John
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi John,

It can be done in FME, I would create an initial file containing the name of the records (FFS) and compare (feature merger) the SDE to the FFS to retrieve the new and old files....

Hope this helps,

Itay
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi John,

Depending on the format of the parameter. If it is a special character (e.g. comma) separated names list, for example, one possible workflow is:

Creator (create a feature)

--> ParameterFetcher (fetch the parameter value)

--> AttributeSplitter (split the parameter value and create a list attribute containing every name as element)

--> ListExploder (explode the list to create features each of which contains a name)

--> FeatureMerger (SUPPLIER port)

Connect features from the SDE dataset to REQUESTER port of the FeatureMerger and specify join key attribute, then matched features will come from the MERGED port.

Takashi