Question

SDE Write error (-2147418113)

• 19 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Asking this on behalf of a customer:

They recently upgraded to FME 2019 and are having some issues writing to SDE. If they write to an existing feature class they get this:

Geodatabase Writer: The field 'OBJECTID' in table 'Afvalbakken' will not be updated since it is not editable
A 3D feature was encountered in the feature class 'Afvalbakken', which is defined as containing 2D features. The feature, and any other applicable features in the same feature class, will be modified so that it has the same dimension as the feature class
An error occurred while attempting to insert a row into the table 'Afvalbakken' using a cursor. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147418113'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {Klasse is niet geregistreerd

}

Writing to a new feature class leads to

Transactions are being used by the Geodatabase Writer
GEODATABASE_SDE writer: An unknown exception occurred

Any suggestions?

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Just a hunch, but have you checked if the feature class is a part of a topology, or something like that?

Also, can the feature class be manually edited in e.g. ArcMap?

Badge +2

Did the customer also upgrade their ArcSDE? What version of ArcGIS or ArcPro are they using?

Klasse is niet geregistreerd does sometimes indicate a python compatibility clash. You can try this workaround by setting the python compatibility to match ArcPro - if you are using it:

Step 1. Go to Tools --> FME Options --> Translations --> "Preferred Python Interpreter" -- Set the value to "Esri ArcGIS Pro 2.1 to 2.6"

Step 2. Open the workspace, In Navigator Windows --> Workspace Parameters --> Scripting --> Python Compatibility Set to "Esri ArcGIS Pro 2.1 -2.5"

Step 3. In Navigator Windows --> Workspace Parameters --> Scripting --> Start up Python , just add 1 liner "import fme"

Re-run the workspace

Otherwise this probably needs to be filed as a case with Safe. It will need a small reproduction package along with the versions of FME/ArcSDE/ArcPro/ArcGIS.

Badge

I had the same error and same problem writing to Geodatabase SDE with FME 2019 64 bit. I have ArcGIS Pro 2.4 installed. The solution for me involved different settings for Python Interpreter and Python Compatibility. Please see below