Question

Is it possible to write Geodatabase metadata using FME Cloud/Server?

• 7 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge

Only the Open API Geodatabase writer can be used on FME Server/Cloud, which doesn't allow you to expose the 'geodb_type' and 'geodb_metadata_string' format attributes.

Is anyone aware of a workaround for writing metadata to Geodatabase? This seems to be a major drawback of Server/Cloud if not.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Sorry, @Id but I think you're out of luck there.

Perhaps @trentatsafe might know of a trick?
Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I haven't tried this myself, but if you run FME Server and have the ESRI libraries installed it should work, right? See this thread for more info.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

I haven't tried this myself, but if you run FME Server and have the ESRI libraries installed it should work, right? See this thread for more info.

Problem here is that FME Cloud runs on a Linux server which doesn't support the ESRI formats. While you can install ArcGIS Server on Linux I still don't think that the FME Readers and Writers for the ArcObjects formats will work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Problem here is that FME Cloud runs on a Linux server which doesn't support the ESRI formats. While you can install ArcGIS Server on Linux I still don't think that the FME Readers and Writers for the ArcObjects formats will work.

But FME Server on Windows should be able to do it, right?

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

But FME Server on Windows should be able to do it, right?

Yeah for sure!