Solved

How do I get my FME output for tif files to be caps e.g. NN00_25kcrm_34.TIF rather than NN00_25kcrm_34.tif?

• 15 December 2017
  • 5 replies

icon

Best answer by takashi 16 December 2017, 08:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

I'm curious, why do you need this? For most systems it shouldn't make any difference.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @annmarie, a possible workaround is to write the resulting tif files into a temporary folder with the FetureWriter at first, and move them with file name containing capital extension to the final destination folder with the File Copy writer.

[Addition] Instead of the pair of VariableSetter/VariableRetriever, you can also use the FeatureMerger to merge the temporary path to the raster features unconditionally.

Hi @annmarie, a possible workaround is to write the resulting tif files into a temporary folder with the FetureWriter at first, and move them with file name containing capital extension to the final destination folder with the File Copy writer.

[Addition] Instead of the pair of VariableSetter/VariableRetriever, you can also use the FeatureMerger to merge the temporary path to the raster features unconditionally.

Thank you so much. I'll give it a go.

Userlevel 4

Hi @annmarie, a possible workaround is to write the resulting tif files into a temporary folder with the FetureWriter at first, and move them with file name containing capital extension to the final destination folder with the File Copy writer.

0684Q00000ArKFPQA3.png

[Addition] Instead of the pair of VariableSetter/VariableRetriever, you can also use the FeatureMerger to merge the temporary path to the raster features unconditionally.

Another solution would be to use a SystemCaller after the FeatureWriter with something like:

rename @Value(_pathname)\*.ini *.INI
That way you won't have to use a temporary file location and the filecopy writer.

This worked really well, thank you. David_r's idea was also good, but unfortunately didn't work for us in this instance, as we needed to fan out into folders.