Solved

json to String

• 13 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

I am Testing for matches json.ID against SDE db sde.ID. The problem is no matches yet there are 26 matches in the test case. I think I have a data typing error. The sde.ID is VARCHAR2 (30 Byte) and I assume the json.ID is data source json. ANyway to covert to get a matchup??

icon

Best answer by dbklingdom 13 November 2017, 22:56

View original

8 replies

Badge +7
Hey @dbklingdom thanks for your post!

Data type in your underlying database may be a blocker in this situation, but it could also be an attribute formatting error. It's hard to tell without seeing your workflow. For example, how are you performing the matching? Would you be able to provide a sample of the data you are trying to match and a test workspace to play around with?

Thanks,

Nathan

Badge +1

imei-msn-esn.xlsx

devicestatusinfo.json

geotab-veh-loc-user.fmw

OK this can get you setup. I just the spreadsheet and still not getting the data to follow in the right direction, si I'm concentrating json side? Thx

Badge +1
devicestatusinfo.xlsx

FME is still looking at this as json. Looks like each row is a list??

Badge +1

OK my bad I have used featureMerger to bring the two tables together first!!

Badge +7
devicestatusinfo.xlsx

Hi @dbklingdom, thanks for posting your materials!From what I can tell, your result{} list has been properly converted into singular attribute values. Is it the group{} list that you're concerned about with regards to matching? Could you isolate the issue you're having and provide an example of your input and the expected output? Or what you would expect to find matching?

Besides our JSON transformers, FME supports a wide variety of list manipulation transformers which might help out in this situation. You can get started with lists by peeking at our list attribute tutorials here.

Best,

Nathan

Badge +7
devicestatusinfo.xlsx

Hi @dbklingdom, thanks for posting your materials.

What field or fields are you having trouble with in particular? Could you narrow down your problem and give an example of your input and expected output? It looks like your result{} list has been properly exploded into singular attributes. Is it the group{}.id values you're concerned about?

Besides our JSON transformers, FME supports a variety of list manipulation transformers which may be what you're looking for in this situation. It might help to get started with our list attribute tutorials.

Nathan

Badge +7

imei-msn-esn.xlsx

devicestatusinfo.json

geotab-veh-loc-user.fmw

OK this can get you setup. I just the spreadsheet and still not getting the data to follow in the right direction, si I'm concentrating json side? Thx

Hi @dbklingdom, thanks for posting your materials!

From what I can tell, your result{} list has been properly converted into singular attribute values. Is it the group{} list that you're concerned about with regards to matching? Could you isolate the issue you're having and provide an example of your input and the expected output? Or what you would expect to find matching?

Besides our JSON transformers, FME supports a wide variety of list manipulation transformers which might help out in this situation. You can get started with lists by peeking at our list attribute tutorials here.

Best,

Nathan

OK my bad I have used featureMerger to bring the two tables together first!!

Do you mind if I ask why you didn't use the custom data feed application that Geotab provides? Then you can have FME server monitor the formatted CSV in a predefined location- rather than building a workbench that translates everything. You can run this as a service on your server.

If you did this also, they have two output types: DOTNET and Java Script - which one did you pick?

https://my.geotab.com/sdk/#/dataFeedExample

Paul