Solved

FME Server error cannot read SDE connection file for some jobs but can for others

• 6 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hey all,

So I am using FME server to run a workspace for multiple GML files. The workspace is taking the GML and transforming it for GEODFATABASE_SDE. Every job runs on same workspace and uses the same SDE connection file.

The issue is that every time I run it FME server runs 21 jobs (1 for each GML file), fails 19 of them and succeeds on 20 of them and writes features to the GDB. It's never the same two files that succeed but the ratio of 19:2 is always the same.

The error message is: An error occurred while attempting to retrieve the connection parameters from the connection file

This is the same on all 19 failed jobs.

I made a workspace runner and used a text file of all the files file paths as the input and ran them all through using that and they all worked fine first time.

I have tried deleting the Writers and re-adding them to make sure there was no issues with them but still the same result, a random 19 will fail and a random 2 will succeed and write features to GDB.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated with this, thanks everyone.

icon

Best answer by mikemos 8 August 2019, 14:31

View original

3 replies

Badge +21

This might be a limitation on the number of connections towards the database? Or is some of them writing to the same table?

Badge

This might be a limitation on the number of connections towards the database? Or is some of them writing to the same table?

Hi,

Some of them are writing to the same table, but on that note we have other workflows that do this same thing and it works without issue.

Badge

It was a silly mistake. I didn't take into account that our server instances were spread over different VMs and I hadn't fully qualified the file path to the sde file with the VM name. If anyone else has this issue, try looking at that first :p