Question

How to replace a part of GeoTiff with new values

• 7 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hello,

I'm working with over a hundred huge non overlapping geotiff's (512 Mb each) where the band 0 value represents the height. I also have some polygons, which sometimes overlap multiple geotiffs. I would like to compute the maximum height from the geotiffs within that polygon and I would like to replace that part of the geotiff with this maximum height.

I managed to compute the maximum height so I created a shapefile with the polygons and the maximum height as an attribute and I also managed to create a Geotiff for eacht polygon with the maximum height as the band value.

Now I would like to get the last part of the job done: replace parts the original Geotiff whith the new geotiffs. I'm not sure how this could be done so any help is appreciated.

Arno

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @arnovananrooij, I would try this procedure.

1. Clip the raster by the polygons with the Clipper.
  2. Extract the minimum value and the maximum value from the clipped rasters with the RasterBandMinMaxExtractor.
  3. For each clipped raster, replace all the cell values with the maximum value using the RasterCellValueReplacer (Replace Values >=: <minimum value>, New Value: <maximum value>).
  4. Mosaic the original raster and the clipped rasters with the RasterMosaicker (Overlapping Value: Maximum).

Hope this helps.