Question

Does FeatureReader work with AGOL attachments yet?

• 31 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

My workspace has an AGOL reader (reads attachments too). Features are compared to existing SDE records and new features are then processed into the SDE (photos go to our DMS). Unfortunately, all AGOL records and attachments have to be read before comparison - even with our fast internet, it still takes 5 seconds per feature (6 photo attachments). Our test dataset has 1500 records (9k photos) and the production dataset has 100k records.

My idea was to read the AGOL dataset WITHOUT attachments and then use an AGOL FeatureReader to just read the new features WITH attachments, but... FeatureReader is (or at least was) unable to work with attachments.

The rest of the workspace is fairly involved, so I don't believe this is a case for a WS Runner.

Ideas will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

4 replies

Badge +8

Hi @markdmclean would it be possible for you to use an HTTPCaller? You can fire GET requests to AGOL and analyse the responsebody (using JSON queries). Not sure how the attachments will be present in the responsebody, though.

Still, HTTP requests are relatively slow if you request is on an single object base. Any grouping of multiple items into one call would speed up things.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @markdmclean,

Just wanted to follow up on our chat to share this link with anyone else who may have the same question: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/86033/read-arcgis-online-attachments-using-feature-reade.html

Unfortunately, the FeatureReader isn't able to read AGOL attachments yet because it doesn't currently expose any parameters that would be set on the individual feature types for readers. There's an enhancement request tracked in our system as (FMEENGINE-9807) and I'll post back when there's an update on the issue. There doesn't seem to be a timeline on it just yet but I've linked this Q&A post into the issue.
Badge +8

Hi @markdmclean,

Just wanted to follow up on our chat to share this link with anyone else who may have the same question: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/86033/read-arcgis-online-attachments-using-feature-reade.html

Unfortunately, the FeatureReader isn't able to read AGOL attachments yet because it doesn't currently expose any parameters that would be set on the individual feature types for readers. There's an enhancement request tracked in our system as (FMEENGINE-9807) and I'll post back when there's an update on the issue. There doesn't seem to be a timeline on it just yet but I've linked this Q&A post into the issue.

Is there any update on this point? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @koenterralytics, it looks like you posted a similar comment here, see response on the other thread! Unfortunately, no updates yet. Kailin.