Question

Autocad default color

• 13 March 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

I convert shape files to autocad.....have given the different shape files an certain color index and write that index in the autocad_color attribute.

But the default_color which is given in the Format parameter in the output autocad file is e.g. red and every layer is shown with red color in the layer table....the laye ritself has the right color (given by me)...how can i change that default_color?

I want that every layer has the right color also in the layer list

Thanks and greetz

Franco

5 replies

Badge +6
I've forgot to set the template file....sry.....my fault
Badge
just an idea to develop a template dwg with preset layers and use as a template under the writer settings
Badge +5
Another option is to include DWGStyler in the output ports of an attribute filter set to the Color attribute in your translation. Template is the better approach.
Badge

@franco69

I encountered the same thing and I ust tested this in FME 2015 and think it carries to 2016. Setting the color in the DWGStyler sets the individual entities, lines, blocks, etc, to that color. It does not set the color of the layer as shown in the Layer Properties Manager. First, I am assuming that you have multiple features writing to the DWG file. If you edit the properties of that feature writer, select the Format Parameters tab and there is a filed called Default Layer Color, which FME defaults to 10, which is red. The number here corresponds to the generic 255 color scheme in AutoCAD, so just type the number of the color you need. You can review this by editing the layer within AutoCAD and selecting a different color for the layer. That number should pop up in the color column within Layer Properties Manager. Hope this helps.

Howard Latiolais

Badge

@franco69

Sorry for the typos. I meant a field in the Format Parameters of any specific feature writer. You will need to change all features writers that you want to change the color from the default of red, 10.

Howard Latiolais