Solved

PointOnRasterValueExtractor vs Point Shapefile

Badge +5

I want to know the value of a raster at specific points using the Point on RasterValueExtractor. Inputs are a raster and a point geometry shapefile (generated in another FME workspace).

I simply connect the raster and point shapefile in the PointOnRasterValueExtractor (they have the same coordinate system), where they should be connected. Yet it gives the following error:

PointOnRasterValueExtractor_2(VectorOnRasterOverlayFactory): Invalid point feature or feature with non-point geometry encountered. Only vector features with point geometry are currently supported

Are point shapefiles not supported? Do I need to transform my point shapefile in some way before using it for the RasterValueExtractor?

icon

Best answer by takashi 9 March 2018, 12:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Sounds like there's something strange going on with your shape file.

Consider sending your shape point data to the Inspector and see that they are in fact proper point features.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Possibly the Shapefile type is MultiPoint. Firstly send the point features to FME Data Inspector and see the geometry type with the Feature Information window. If "IFMEMultiPoint" appears there, try using the Deaggregator to convert the MultiPoint geometries to Point geometries.

Badge +5

Possibly the Shapefile type is MultiPoint. Firstly send the point features to FME Data Inspector and see the geometry type with the Feature Information window. If "IFMEMultiPoint" appears there, try using the Deaggregator to convert the MultiPoint geometries to Point geometries.

I compare my original points to several different polygons before aggregating them together and then getting the result (or I will have total points = original points * layers I compare them to). Putting the PointOnRasterValueExtractor before the comparison fixes the problem. But it requires an additional Attributecreator because otherwise the data won't be exported to a shapefile as a column can't be called "_band{0}.value". It seems weird to me that you can't automatically do it like in the RasterToPolygonCoercer, where you name the column yourself (default being _label).