Solved

Error in log but translation succesful

• 10 June 2015
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have a process running on FME Server 2014 SP4 win32.

It includes a notifier in the process and a notifier on failure.

I've seen now that the notifier in the process is logged with an error. This is correct because invalid credentials were provided. So in this case the on failure notifier should start when tha translation is finished but the logs says that the translation was succesful (with 16 warnings but now errors).

So the log contains an error but still says "translation was successful".

Any ideas on this?

icon

Best answer by nic_ran 5 August 2015, 17:41

View original

3 replies

Badge +11
Sorry, I can't answer your question but wanted to add to this post in the hope that someone from Safe might respond....

I've seen similar behaviour. Sometimes an FME Server job will fail but report success, sometimes it will be successful but report a failure. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any discernible pattern to this behaviour so it's very hard to submit a support request without being able to reproduce the problem....
Badge +3

Sometimes when I run a process in FME 2016.1 (Dekstop) this is what I get at the end of the logging:

Translation was SUCCESSFUL

Error running translation.

In these cases I do not see any error in the log and the output seems correct. When I run the process again, most times it ends without the error message at the end. 

Badge +5

I'm getting a similar error using an Esri GDB writer in FME 64 bit (build 16674). Any ideas?

Translation was SUCCESSFUL with 5622 warning(s) (97811 feature(s) output)
FME Session Duration: 1 hour 12 minutes 4.0 seconds. (CPU: 482.3s user, 95.1s system)

END - ProcessID: 28756, peak process memory usage: 2339864 kB, current process memory usage: 562872 kB

Unhandled Exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'GpMetadataFunctions, Version=10.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=***' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'GpMetadataFunctions, Version=10.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=***'

at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

at GetManagedType(Char* _assembly, Char* _path, Char* _className)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Error running translation.