Question

combining and transposing multiple excel files

• 20 February 2018
  • 7 replies

I have multiple csv files that i need to combine. Table structure looks like below. I want the output to look like Table 3 and 4. I have tried to used to the columns to rows transpose but the input tables are not fixed and can change with new lines added etc, so not exactly sure how to do this

Table 1

LineAtt1Att21X 502X 493X 334X 895X 906X 45

Table 2

LineAtt1Att21Y 232Y 143Y 514Y 785Y 346Y 78

Table 3

Line123456Att1 (Table1)XXXXXXAtt1 (Table2)YYYYYY

Table 4

Line123456Att2(Table1)504933899045Att2(Table2)231451783478

@takashi

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @sobanmughal,

Can I suggest that you take a look at @sander's fantastic and helpful AttributeTransposer customer transformer. You can read up on what it's designed to do and how it works here - https://hub.safe.com/transformers/attributetransposer - Make sure that you read the 'Notes' section.

Hi @sobanmughal,

Can I suggest that you take a look at @sander's fantastic and helpful AttributeTransposer customer transformer. You can read up on what it's designed to do and how it works here - https://hub.safe.com/transformers/attributetransposer - Make sure that you read the 'Notes' section.

Hi @MattAtSafe, the transformer is compatible with 2017 whereas i have 2016.

Also I have multiple tables to read from and not sure how to match the attributes, so they appear under the correct column as both tables will not have equivalent number of rows.

Badge +2

Hi,

I have tried an alternate method and written to csv instead of xls. Have a look, it needs to add the Line attribute...

Pratap

fme-transpose.zip

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
What data format is the resulting tables (Table 3 and Table 4)? Excel, CSV, or else?

Excel or csv

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Excel or csv

If CSV satisfies the requirement, I think @pratap's suggestion is very helpful.

Hi,

I have tried an alternate method and written to csv instead of xls. Have a look, it needs to add the Line attribute...

Pratap

fme-transpose.zip

Hi @pratap can you save it in FME2016 and send again.