Question

Hi, i am trying to convert my access template into an gml compliant with an xsd. Is there any tutorial taht could guide me through this process?

Badge

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @valantistsiakos, the best way is Generate Workspace:

Reader and Writer configuration:

And now in Parameter Writer Option, you choose the GML Application Schema: and click in your XSD file in your machine.

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Hi Danilo,

I tried this approach but still the output GML is not compliant with the xsd. I ran the produced GML and still an error occurs (https://www.freeformatter.com/xml-validator-xsd.html).

Are there any other parameters that i have to consider or any other suggestions for the transformation ?

Thanks,

Valantis

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

@valantistsiakos, what kind of error is showing in the LOG FME Desktop?

Badge

log-file.txtworkflow-mapping.png

Hi I am attaching the log message and a screenshot of the mapping.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Thanks your information log file @valantistsiakos.

Really has a problem with feature types.

The following feature types were not written, they did not match any feature types from the GML Application Schema:

Could you send the template file ( . FMWT )?

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Has a message in LOg that the feature types from GML Application Schema are not the same the feature types:

The feature types determined from the GML Application Schema are: 'AccessRestriction, ActivityComplex, Address, AddressAreaName, AdminUnitName, AdministrativeBoundary, AdministrativeUnit, BasicPropertyUnit, Building, BuildingPart, CadastralBoundary, CadastralParcel, CadastralZoning, ConditionOfFacility, Condominium, CrossReference, GradeSeparatedCrossing, MaintenanceAuthority, MarkerPost, NamedPlace, Network, NetworkConnection, OwnerAuthority, PostalDescriptor, ProductionBuilding, ProductionFacility, ProductionInstallation, ProductionInstallationPart, ProductionPlot, ProductionSite, ReportData, RestrictionForVehicles, SpatialDataSet, ThoroughfareName, TrafficFlowDirection, TransportNetwork, VerticalPosition

Badge

Hi Danilo,

I attaching: the MS Access, the xsd, and the fmw files

http://dd.eionet.europa.eu/schema/euregistryonindustrialsites/EUReg.xsd/view process.fmweu-registry-ek-04-07-2017-dummy-data-final.zip

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @valantistsiakos,

thanks your files. I tested here to import the XSD.

Writers - Import Writer Feature Types - Parameters:

• Feature Types -

And OK. The Schema from XSD is showing:

Now you need to mapping the feature types in your Workspace.

I didnt execute the Workspace because the Reader is other version from mine.

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Thanks for your answer. However, the feature type list contains various features that are not provided by the reader. In addition some of the features of the reader cannot be mapped with the writer feature types.

Thanks,

Valantis

Badge

Hi Danilo @danilo_inovacao,

I managed to advance the mapping. The only issue that i am encountering lies with the coordinates. In the feature type i am trying to map the latitude and longitude attributes with pointGeometry attribute in the writer. I've tried various things (i.e. StringConcatenator, etc) but i cannot find something to actually working.

Could you please be so kind and let me me know if you have any thoughts on hte matter ?

I attach also the fmw and microsoft access files for your kind review.

Thanks you in advance,

Valantis mdb-ado2gml-new.fmweu-registry-ek-04-07-2017-dummy-data-final.zip

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

I managed to advance the mapping. The only issue that i am encountering lies with the coordinates. In the feature type i am trying to map the latitude and longitude attributes with pointGeometry attribute in the writer. I've tried various things (i.e. StringConcatenator, etc) but i cannot find something to actually working.

Could you please be so kind and let me me know if you have any thoughts on hte matter ?

I attach also the fmw and microsoft access files for your kind review.

Thanks you in advance,

Valantis mdb-ado2gml-new.fmweu-registry-ek-04-07-2017-dummy-data-final.zip

Hi @valantistsiakos, i opened your reader ProductionInstallationPart and doens't have geometry.

So, i used the transformer VertexCreator:

And now i have points. I believe that is the reason now.

Thanks,

Danilo
Badge

Hi @valantistsiakos, i opened your reader ProductionInstallationPart and doens't have geometry.

So, i used the transformer VertexCreator:

And now i have points. I believe that is the reason now.

Thanks,

Danilo

I've used the Vertex Creator. Then, how can I map thsese points with the writer ?

Thanks again,

Valantis

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Thanks for your answer. However, the feature type list contains various features that are not provided by the reader. In addition some of the features of the reader cannot be mapped with the writer feature types.

Thanks,

Valantis

Hi , i used the transformer vertexcreator and execute the Workspace.

The message in LOG file was showed the parameter to setter : about the coordinate. I configurated to EPSG: 4326 .

But not sucess. Anyone some help with us with this case.

Thanks Danilo