Solved

MS SQL Server (JDBC) Writer: Error writing feature. Error: serializeGeometry not implemented

• 3 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +10

Has anyone experienced a similar warning/error in FME when using the SQL Server JDBC writer, writing out to a binarygeometry data type?

If so am I ok to ignore, it only came up as a warning not an error.

Many Thanks

Example below:

MS SQL Server (JDBC) Writer: Error writing feature.  Error: serializeGeometry not implemented
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feature Type: `dbo.V_PLAYFINDER_PXS_LOCATION'

Attribute(encoded: UTF-8)     : `LONG_ABBREVIATION' has value `CAM'

Attribute(encoded: UTF-8)     : `MID_X' has value `-60.59640903'

Attribute(encoded: UTF-8)     : `MID_Y' has value `13.31999124'

Attribute(32 bit integer)     : `OBJECTID' has value `106'

Attribute(encoded: fme-binary): `POLYLINE' binary value as HEX `010200000002000000CC323298041250C0C03E48C3E7602B40C03AC512A5744CC060EE7D05C4E62940'

Attribute(encoded: UTF-8)     : `PRODUCT' has value `PC_G2020X'

Attribute(32 bit integer)     : `PRODUCT_ID' has value `1894'

Attribute(encoded: UTF-8)     : `PRODUCT_TITLE' has value `Grenada Basin to Barbados Accretionary Prism'

Attribute(encoded: UTF-8)     : `REGION' has value `CAM - Central America'

Attribute(32 bit integer)     : `REGION_ID' has value `6'

Attribute(64 bit integer)     : `UNIQUE_ID' has value `106'

Attribute(encoded: UTF-8)     : `WEB_URL' has value `xxxPrism.pdf'

Attribute(string)             : `fme_feature_type' has value `dbo.V_PXS_LOCATION'

Attribute(string)             : `fme_geometry' has value `fme_point'

Attribute(string)             : `fme_template_feature_type' has value `REL_FIELD_LEAD_REGION'

Attribute(entangled: string)  : `fme_type' has value `fme_point'

entangled to [mssql_type]

Attribute(string)             : `mssql_type' has value `mssql_point'

Attribute(32 bit integer)     : `multi_reader_full_id' has value `0'

Attribute(32 bit integer)     : `multi_reader_id' has value `0'

Attribute(string)             : `multi_reader_keyword' has value `MSSQL_JDBC_NONSPATIAL_1'

Attribute(string)             : `multi_reader_type' has value `MSSQL_JDBC_NONSPATIAL'

Attribute(string)             : `multi_writer_id' has value `0'

Coordinate System: `LL-WGS84'

Geometry Type: IFMEPoint

Name(UTF-8): `POINT'

Coordinate Dimension: 2

(-60.59640903,13.31999124)

icon

Best answer by ravenkopelman 3 October 2018, 18:30

View original

5 replies

Badge

Hi Oliver, the warning probably means that your feature was not written - it's up to you if that is ignorable. Is that the only feature that is warned about?

It looks like you are using a non-spatial writer to operate on a spatial table. The non-spatial writer should really be ignoring spatial columns and geometry on features, so this is likely a bug on our side; I've raised an issue to investigate.

In the meantime, try using a spatial writer instead, or putting a GeometryRemover before the non-spatial writer.

Badge

Hi Oliver, the warning probably means that your feature was not written - it's up to you if that is ignorable. Is that the only feature that is warned about?

It looks like you are using a non-spatial writer to operate on a spatial table. The non-spatial writer should really be ignoring spatial columns and geometry on features, so this is likely a bug on our side; I've raised an issue to investigate.

In the meantime, try using a spatial writer instead, or putting a GeometryRemover before the non-spatial writer.

@olivermorris, is POLYLINE the name of your spatial column? If you are trying to do something tricky to populate a spatial col with pre-serialized geometry I'd like to hear more about your scenario.
Badge +10

This did the job, I was daft and didn't think to use the Spatial version because it was pre-serialized. It needs to be in this format because this is how Tibco Spotfire reads spatial content. I am uploading content 50 tables, 2.5m rows from the office to AWS for spotfire dashboard display. Cheers

Badge

This did the job, I was daft and didn't think to use the Spatial version because it was pre-serialized. It needs to be in this format because this is how Tibco Spotfire reads spatial content. I am uploading content 50 tables, 2.5m rows from the office to AWS for spotfire dashboard display. Cheers

I'm slightly worried that the contents of your POLYLINE attribute are going to be ignored anyway; presumably you have checked that they are making it through?
Badge +10

yes they made it through, all good thank you