Solved

Translation was Successful, but Process still runs...

• 15 August 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello, i Need to write the data to ESRI Geodatabase(Personal DB) mdb: after start the process -> the data will be writen, message 'Translation was Successful' will be written as well, but the process runs until the button 'stop translation' will be pushed. If the Writer is disable, and put inspector instead: everything works fine. Any idea? What could it be? Even if i get the data written, im afraid, that something goes wrong and will be done not until the end (as long as the process could not stop).

p.s. i dont have any workspacerunner in workbench. Only Attributecreator and tester.

I'm working with FME Workbench 2015.

icon

Best answer by mark2atsafe 15 August 2016, 17:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi @annachukicheva, I think this is something you should contact the support team or your local reseller about. Please include your workspace so they can see what it is trying to do, and your source data if possible. I've searched and found other users with this problem, but it occurred where they were running a Python script. You aren't try to do that are you? Sorry, the only other suggestion is that you upgrade FME to 2016 and see if the problem is fixed in there.

Badge

@Mark2AtSafe thank you for the answer. I'll update to 2016 first and if it still will not work, contact the Support.

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi Mark et.al.

I've run into a similar problem with 2017.1 x64.

The workspace reports "Translation was SUCCESSFUL" to the log, but it still seems to be running. I have to manually press the stop button to finish it.

I'm using a number of FeatureReader's to read some WFS inventory info, so is that why it hangs ?

I'm attaching the workspace, as there's nothing secret in it. plansystemdk-wfs-capabilities.fmw

Cheers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Mark et.al.

I've run into a similar problem with 2017.1 x64.

The workspace reports "Translation was SUCCESSFUL" to the log, but it still seems to be running. I have to manually press the stop button to finish it.

I'm using a number of FeatureReader's to read some WFS inventory info, so is that why it hangs ?

I'm attaching the workspace, as there's nothing secret in it. plansystemdk-wfs-capabilities.fmw

Cheers.

Hi @lifalin2016, the WFS feed could be causing the workspace to hang. This would take some investigation on our part. Please report a problem including the workspace or referencing this Q&A; post.
Badge

I am having the same problem. I am pulling from an XML feed and publishing to a SDE db.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I am having the same problem. I am pulling from an XML feed and publishing to a SDE db.

Probably better to post this as a new question, with a link to this one. I think it's more likely that you will get answers that way. But as an apparent product fault, I would also file a case with our support team (safe.com/support)