Question

Issue in translating polygons with holes into Smallworld

• 4 February 2015
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I've got polygons in shape format, some of which have holes, that I'm trying to translate into smallworld.  The polygons with holes got translated without any holes into smallworld.   When trying to write into smallworld, I hAve added "DonutBuilder" transformer bewtween the source and the target. Can any one please me regarding this translate the ploygons with holes into smallworld.

Thanks,

Seshu

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Seshu,

According to the documentation, Smallworld supports donut polygon. Probably it's not a matter on the destination format.

Firstly, I would recommend you to use FME Data Inspector to check if output features from the DonutBuilder are expected shapes.

Regarding the DonutBuilder, be aware that it will not drop holes if you set "no" to the Drop Holes parameter.

Takashi
Hi Takashi,

The data in the FME Data Inspector was looking fine as we expected(polygons with holes).

I am using the parameter "drop holes" as 'yes' in DonutBuilder.

Is there any other parameter, do i need to check?

Regards,

Seshu
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
If the features from the DonutBuilder were shown as expected in Data Inspector, there is no problem in the transformer parameter setting. Are there other transforming processes between the DonutBuilder and the Smallworld writer?