Question

Shape polygon to raster and then mosaic to raster

• 14 November 2013
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a shape file with a price for each polygon and I want to convert that to a raster in order to be able to mosaic these values to another raster. How is that possible? Many thanks! 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

You can vectorize your text > TextStroker (if I understand correctly) and resterize it with the ImageRasterizer.

See http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/Samples_and_Demos/Converting-Vector-data-to-Raster for some examples.

Itay
Thank you for your answer. Maybe I should explain a bit more what the problem is about. First of all I want to create a raster for a larger area with grids of 20 m cells from an existing raster (1,6 m cells) and use a z value of zero. I Think I have managed to do so.  After that I want to rasterize a shape file with many polygons with size 20m * 20 m corresponding to the raster that I have created. However the shape file with polygons only cover some of the cells of the raster so I want these polygons with an attribute value (price) to replace the cells of the raster with zeros at the location where the polygons overlap. If I use the ImageRasterizer the error message becomes: 2032 input feature(s) were discarded because they were not compatible with any band in the raster..What to do? thanks