Question

Determine which tif tags to be written to output tif

• 30 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am trying to generate a *.tif-File with certain tags. I found that setting the Photometric Interpretation parameter in the writer leads to the tag of the same name being set (eg. to "YCbCr") in the resulting file. However, I am looking for a FME way to set the XResolution, YResolution and ResolutionUnit tif tags so that they are included in the resulting tif file.

thank you,

Ludwig

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @ludhil,

My Workspace has a Source data tif with the original X and Y resolution with 0.5.

After my Source data i used the transformer RasterCellOriginSetter and setted the value:

XCell Origin: 1

YCell Origin:1

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Hi, thank you for the tip. However, the information "Cell Origin" is present in the tif in the Inspector also without explicitly using RasterCellOriginSetter and it is not the tag I was looking for. Here is some background info: I do have an old workflow that prepares raster data for a 3rd party software and I want to replaace this old workflow / these old tools with FME. However, the resulting file has displaying errors in the 3rd party software, which is why I try to reproduce the result of the old workflow as closely as possible.

If I generate the file with the old tools, the resulting tif has the following attributes:

If I produce the file with fme, there are differences in the yellow marked areas, most importantly, the tags resolution unit, xresolution and yresolution are not set:

I have found them as format attributes in the writer but where do I get this information?

thanks and best regards,

Ludwig