Solved

Space in the path for File Geodatabase for reader will fail and cause ArcObject error when published to FME Server 2019.1

Badge +4

I have the following FGDB as reader. It works in FME Desktop 2019.1 but will fail and get Arcobject error when published in FME server 2019.1. It looks like that FMEserver 2019 cannot handle space inside the file path.

\\\\enervest\\shared\\ArcGIS\\GIS\\Geoscience Technology\\Raw Vendor Data\\Rextag\\Temp\\Rextag_Crude_Oil\\Rextag_Crude_Oil.gdb

Received arcobject error when running the job on FME server:

Unable to connect to the File Geodatabase at '\\\\enervest.net\\shared\\ArcGIS\\GIS\\Geoscience'. Make sure the correct filename was specified, and that the geodatabase wasn't saved with a newer version of ArcGIS than the one installed locally. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147024893'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

This is not good since I have not seen this problem in FME 2018.

icon

Best answer by lauraatsafe 2 August 2019, 19:44

View original

4 replies

Badge +9

We have confirmed that this is an issue with space characters when publishing workspaces from FME 2019.1 to FME Server 2019.1. We are tracking this with issue number FMESERVER-13286. We will update this post as soon as the fix for this problem has been made available.

Badge +4

Laura,

Thanks.

Badge +11

This has been resolved in 2019.1(b19629) and above.

Badge +4

Laura,

Thanks.

Laura and Steve,

I tested and can confirm that the issue was resolved in FME 2019.2. Thanks.