Solved

FME Server Data Stream & DataFile Writer PDFs

• 23 January 2019
  • 3 replies

I need help with FME Data Streaming Service. I am having trouble serving up a pdf file in a browser. I am using the DataFile writer to write my pdf because my pdf comes in binary form. It all works in workbench, but when I try it in FME Server as a Data Stream it downloads the pdf with the workbench name and a .fmw as the extension. If I change the extension to .pdf my pdf is there and I can open this. I would think that FME should serve up the pdf with the file name I specified in the writer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by iaguilera14 24 January 2019, 16:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I can't download your workspace for some reason so I can't really check what you have done.

I suspect the problem is with the DataFile writer, can you try the regular PDF writer?

PDF writer didn't work because I couldn't get it to write using Binary. However I did receive a response from support indicated that I need to set the MIME type in my Writer to application/pdf. This finally fixed my issue. It wasn't a predefined option from the list so I didn't think about typing it manually.

Badge +1

PDF writer didn't work because I couldn't get it to write using Binary. However I did receive a response from support indicated that I need to set the MIME type in my Writer to application/pdf. This finally fixed my issue. It wasn't a predefined option from the list so I didn't think about typing it manually.

Hi, I am having a similar problem with a PDF2D Writer. I have published a Data Streaming service but I can't work out how to force the service to default the download PDF filename to a specific name rather than just the filename of the FME workbench?

Do I need to set the MIME type? If so, how do I do this?? I've posted my new question here: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/115823/pdf-filename-when-using-data-stream-service-with-p.html