Question

How do I fix "plugins/udatasmith_fme.dll' was found but could not be loaded" or "XINPUT1_3.dll is missing" error when using the UDATASMITH Writer?

• 8 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

How can we fix an error like:

plugins/udatasmith_fme.dll' was found but could not be loaded. Ensure that all the dependent modules exist for this library

I already know the answer, but I wanted to share it with all of you good folks in case it's a problem for you too!

Quick fix: Install Unreal Studio (https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/studio) or install DirectX SDK from https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=6812 

The Details:

Most likely your computer already has the necessary DirectX components, either from an Unreal Studio installation or from another application. However, there are some cases where these components may be missing. For example, you are likely to encounter this issue when running a Windows Virtual Machine.

In any of these cases, you can install the necessary XINPUT1_3.dll by installing Unreal Studio or the DirectX SDK from the link given above. A bit of trivia: XINPUT1_3.dll is used for getting mouse input in DirectX-based games.

2 replies

Badge

Quick fix: Download and install DirectX SDK from https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=6812

Hello everybody! I was going to play some eu4 after a couple of months without having the time to play some games. So I went to launch it on Steam as usual but the game would simply not launch. It simply crashed at startup, without even showing the launcher.

So I've been doing the following:

- Good old reboot

- Reinstall games

- Erase all EU4 data at both Documents and the Steam directory, then reinstall

- Try to launch eu4.exe in compatibility mode

- Try to launch with the -OpenGL launch option

- Update drivers

- Reinstall graphics card driver

- Revert Windows updates (sadly all of there were recent, not old enough from where whatever messed up broke it)

- Tried launching other Paradox titles: CK2 and Stellaris won't launch, the latter I even installed it from the Paradox Client and won't start either. Cities Skylines will launch however and work as usual, I assume because of the different engines.

- Launching other games. They all seem to work except for Dota 2 which returns some errors depending on what DirectX version I'm using from the launch settings. Won't launch with OpenGL either. I'm attaching those errors is they are related and lead somewhere...

-Update Windows

- Reinstall C++ Dependencies

- Repair .Net and DirectX in what is possible (these are now handled by windows update apparently)

- Ran a memory diagnosis

- Scan system (found errors before but they seem repaired now, as I just ran another one and it encountered none)

- Fix Windows from a bootable USB.

Aaaand I guess that's all, if I'm missing something that's covered in any results I've found from searching around in these forums or googling, I probably did that too. So well, guess it's the time to ask for help to see if there's something I can do about it without reinstalling windows, which I guess it's too drastic for this.

Here I attach dxdiag as well as screenshots of what I get in Dota if it helps somehow. The first is by running the game in dx11, second in other dx versions, and the last one in OpenGL. I can't attach any eu4 logs because the games crash before producing any. I checked on the exceptions.log for EU4 and found reference to a 0xc0000005 error, but I cannot tell if this is related as I accidentally deleted all log files when I was cleaning the EU4 directories. Let's hope there's a solution to this issue that doesn't require me to reinstall windows. Thanks in advance for the help!