Question

Issue mapping Oracle 11g database using schema mapper to a geodatabase

• 27 March 2017
  • 6 replies

I'm having an issue using the schema mapper to remap the schema of a Oracle 11g database and write thte data into a file geodatabase using FME 2017.0.0.0 Build 17236. I have succesfully mapped the SQL Server version of the same schema and data with no problems. If I set up the Oracle mapping I can get it to map successfully but it will fail to output to the geodatabase and will automatically output to an .ffs file. I can then open up the .ffs file and everything is mapped properly, just not outputting to the right location. Any advice regarding this issue would be much appreciated.

6 replies

Badge +16

What is the error message in the log file?

Badge +2

Assume the Workspace parameter Writer Redirect isn't set to FFS File?

Attach the log file here if you can.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Have you used the right Oracle reader (Spatial or Non-spatial)?

Just another thing to check.

oracle-spatial2filegdb2.txt - log file

I'm not getting any errors it doesnt look like. Just a bunch of warnings (blue text) telling my that the "FileGDB Writer: The 'FID_CIRCUIT' (**my attribute) could not be written. The containing feature has been dropped."

Badge +2

The attribute FID_CIRCUIT is a string in the data. Is it defined as a Text on the GDB Feature Type, if not that can cause issue similar to that in the log.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

I have reported a bug in the File geodatabase writer (API) that will be fixed in the new release. It concerns a wrong mapping in the code for certain datatypes.

Safe Software is testing the bug fix and hopes to release this early April.

Could well be the same (or related) issue you are running into.