Question

Reading MicroStation V7 custom line styles

• 18 April 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge

Trying to read Microstation V7 dgn files in FME desktop. How do you add .rsc file so that custom line styles and symbols can also be included?

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi @arunm,

I did not understand the purpose of adding it as you have done in Microstation. FME will read the custom lines styles and symbols as they exists and show the name in prescribed attributes.Pass the features to inspector and check it once.

Pratap

Badge

@pratap

I am reading V7 design files without problems. When I review the output in Data Inspector, the custom symbols appear as points. The custom line styles do not display.

These are defined in a separate .rsc file that I have. How do I incorporate these definitions in FME?

Thanks!

Arun

Badge +2

Hi,

As far I know, adding rsc file exists in writer (only for font) but not in reader of dgn file. In inspector, symbols will be shown as they are (without rsc file) and for custom line styles, you can see in respective linestyle attribute.

Pratap

Badge +2

Hi,

For symbols, you have to opt "Yes" in Expand Named Cells option in dgn parameters then symbol will be exploded and you can see the symbol as it is in viewer. But do note that symbol will be exploded.

I don't think you can see exactly as defined in rsc file but you can get the linestyle name in attribute.