Question

3D DWG to 3D DGN

• 19 August 2016
  • 4 replies

Hi, I need the conversion of 3D DWG (including solids, etc.) to 3D DGN. Does your software support this process? (FME Cloud, as well?)

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have not tried this translation but by sure there will be scope of doing it as well as it has facility to translate intermediate exchange format like IFC

Hope this is helpful

Badge

Immediately following the TRUNCATE TABLE SchemaName.TableName SQL command, we have been getting the following:

Error executing SQL: 'Underlying DBMS error [ORA-29859: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXTRUNCATE routine
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
ORA-06512: at "SDE.ST_DOMAIN_METHODS", line 2352]'

Then in another instance (on a separate table) we got this error after it truncated, but on the reloading data:

An error occurred while attempting to insert a row into the table 'SchemaName.TableName' using a cursor. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147216072'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {Underlying DBMS error [ORA-29861: domain index is marked LOADING/FAILED/UNUSABLE] [SchemaName.TableName]}

In both cases, the data was completely truncated, and we copied data back over from our production server. It still occasionally pops these errors up, but other times I can write just fine. We have been having this issue with more than just these 2 tables as we heavily use FME for ETL.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Yes, as noted below this is possible, but the number of 3D DGN elements is limited. You could - as also noted below - go through an intermediate format.

Anything FME Desktop can process, FME Cloud can as well - but you will need FME Desktop anyway to design the translations to run on FME Cloud.

If you're new to FME it might be best to chat with our sales team. They'll be able to steer you in the right direction. Contact sales@safe.com - or look on safe.com for our list of local resellers.

Hi all, thx a lot for your statements! I'll start diving into this topic contacting the sales team! :-)