Question

writing esri file Geodatabase issue

Hi All,

I am extracting a postgres data using the SQL creator and trying to write it to the File geodatbase. but every time I am getting an error, but if i try to write it using the Excel format then the it successfully writes the data . I am getting an below mention error :

GGeodatabase Error (-2147219884): The Field already exists.

FileGDB Writer: Could not create feature class 'FeatureClass1'

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Geodatabase Error (-2147418113): Unexpected operation.

FileGDB Writer: Could not disable Load Only Mode for feature type 'FeatureClass1'

Geodatabase Error (-2147418113): Unexpected operation.

FileGDB Writer: Could not free Write Lock for feature type 'FeatureClass1'

13 replies

Userlevel 4

Make sure that your File Geodatabase isn't open in any other application such as ArcMap etc.

If that doesn't help, try deleting the File Geodatabase and let FME re-create it for you.

Make sure that your File Geodatabase isn't open in any other application such as ArcMap etc.

If that doesn't help, try deleting the File Geodatabase and let FME re-create it for you.

@david_r i have tried that. even tried to change folders for destination datasets. but nothing is working.

Badge +8

Hi @dandekarpriya, if you are re-creating a new Geodatabase all the time, try the option drop and create from the writer parameters. This should solve the problem as long as you are not updating your table.

Userlevel 4

Make sure you haven't used any of the reserved words in your writer attributes:

http://support.esri.com/technical-article/000010906

Badge +2

Make sure your field names start with a letter, not a number or underscore, and that they don't contain any special characters.

Hi @dandekarpriya, if you are re-creating a new Geodatabase all the time, try the option drop and create from the writer parameters. This should solve the problem as long as you are not updating your table.

Hi,

@gisinnovationsb i am using same option.still it's not working

Hi ,

setting which i am using for the creating the feature class are :

Userlevel 4

Try removing or renaming your "objectid" column.

Try removing or renaming your "objectid" column.

@david_r still i am getting a same error
Badge +8
Hi,

@gisinnovationsb i am using same option.still it's not working

Try using the excel file then read it and write into the Geodatabase.

Badge +2

Are you able to manually create a File Geodatabase through ArcCatalog, and create a new table there? Try that, then importing that as a writer into FME and writing features to it. Also, what version of ArcGIS and FME are you using? I assume you have an ArcGIS license that FME is working from?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

A few suggestions...

- Do you have a coordinate system set? Make sure there is none on the writer and that the incoming features are not tagged with one.

- I see you have an older FME. Update to the latest and (or) replace your writer with a new one if it is from an even older workspace

- I'm still about 75% convinced it's an issue with an attribute name. Try removing all your attributes and running again. If it works, bring back one attribute at a time until you can identify which is causing the issue.

Hope this helps

Mark

Badge +7

I had this same exact thing happen today. I had a couple issues that were causing it to happen. I was writing table data and using featuremergers to merge geometry of data into my tables. My attributes names did not align properly with the attribute names being created by my feature type. I noticed this by expanding the output of the transformer immediately before my writer feature type and saw that the underscores reference in my feature type were not present. For some reason, the arrow on the writer feature type was green and when I opened up the user attribute list within the feature type parameters, they also showed all green. Regardless I added a bulkattributerenamer and using a regular expression ( |&|\\(|\\)|-|/|\\?) renamed all attributes to replace the characters the regular expression finds with an underscore. This fixed my issue. I would say check all of your attributes and transformers going into feature types to verify the attribute creation is lining up with all of your user attributes.I had this same exact thing happen today. I had a couple issues that were causing it to happen. I was writing table data and using featuremergers to merge geometry of data into my tables. My attributes names did not align properly with the attribute names being created by my feature type. I noticed this by expanding the output of the transformer immediately before my writer feature type and saw that the underscores reference in my feature type were not present. For some reason, the arrow on the writer feature type was green and when I opened up the user attribute list within the feature type parameters, they also showed all green. Regardless I added a bulkattributerenamer and using a regular expression ( |&|\\(|\\)|-|/|\\?) renamed all attributes to replace the characters the regular expression finds with an underscore. This fixed my issue.I had this same exact thing happen today. I had a couple issues that were causing it to happen. I was writing table data and using featuremergers to merge geometry of data into my tables. My attributes names did not align properly with the attribute names being created by my feature type. I noticed this by expanding the output of the transformer immediately before my writer feature type and saw that the underscores reference in my feature type were not present. For some reason, the arrow on the writer feature type was green and when I opened up the user attribute list within the feature type parameters, they also showed all green. Regardless I added a bulkattributerenamer and using a regular expression ( |&|\\(|\\)|-|/|\\?) renamed all attributes to replace the characters the regular expression finds with an underscore. This fixed my issue.