Question

I am getting an error when I attempt to convert a MrSID to ECW.

• 21 February 2018
  • 3 replies

When I attempt a simple conversion of a MrSID file to an ECW via a reader and writer (something I've done successfully many times) I am getting the following results/error:

Command-line to run this workspace:

C:\\apps\\FME\\fme.exe C:\\Users\\DOUGBL~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\wb-xlate-1519219239276_15664

--SourceDataset_MRSID "C:\\MapData\\Williamson County\\SID\\Williamson_Co_2014.sid"

--DestDataset_ECW "C:\\MapData\\Williamson County\\ECW"

Starting translation...

FME 2016.1.0.0 (20160419 - Build 16492 - WIN32)

FME_HOME is 'C:\\apps\\FME\\'

FME Professional Edition (node locked-crc)

Serial Number: H8U9-DF32-16TZ

Permanent License.

Machine host name is: DESKTOP-5NGB2S9

START - ProcessID: 14816, peak process memory usage: 29096 kB, current process memory usage: 29088 kB

FME Configuration: Command line arguments are `C:\\apps\\FME\\fme.exe' `C:\\Users\\DOUGBL~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\wb-xlate-1519219239276_15664' `LOG_STANDARDOUT' `YES' `LogCountServerName' `{ed4d2e5a-6a18-4600-af13-1e1ed0375f22}'

Shared folders for formats are : C:\\apps\\FME\\datasources;C:\\Users\\Doug Blenman\\Documents\\FME\\Formats

Shared folders for transformers are : C:\\apps\\FME\\transformers;C:\\Users\\Doug Blenman\\AppData\\Roaming\\Safe Software\\FME\\FME Store\\Transformers;C:\\Users\\Doug Blenman\\Documents\\FME\\Transformers

Shared folders for coordinate systems are : C:\\Users\\Doug Blenman\\Documents\\FME\\CoordinateSystems

Shared folders for coordinate system exceptions are : C:\\Users\\Doug Blenman\\Documents\\FME\\CoordinateSystemExceptions

Shared folders for coordinate system grid overrides are : C:\\Users\\Doug Blenman\\Documents\\FME\\CoordinateSystemGridOverrides

Shared folders for CS-MAP transformation exceptions are : C:\\Users\\Doug Blenman\\Documents\\FME\\CsmapTransformationExceptions

Shared folders for transformer categories are : C:\\Users\\Doug Blenman\\Documents\\FME\\TransformerCategories

FME Configuration: Reader Keyword is `MRSID_1'

FME Configuration: Writer Keyword is `MULTI_WRITER'

FME Configuration: Writer Group Definition Keyword is `MULTI_WRITER_DEF'

FME Configuration: Reader type is `MRSID'

FME Configuration: Writer type is `MULTI_WRITER'

FME Configuration: No destination coordinate system set

FME Configuration: Current working folder is `C:\\Users\\Doug Blenman\\AppData\\Local\\Temp'

FME Configuration: Temporary folder is `C:\\Users\\DOUGBL~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp'

FME Configuration: FME_HOME is `C:\\apps\\FME\\'

FME Configuration: FME_BASE is 'no'

FME Configuration: FME_MF_DIR is 'C:\\Users\\DOUGBL~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp/'

FME Configuration: FME_MF_NAME is 'wb-xlate-1519219239276_15664'

FME Configuration: FME_PRODUCT_NAME is 'FME(R) 2016.1.0.0'

System Status: 284.07 GB of disk space available in the FME temporary folder (C:\\Users\\DOUGBL~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp)

System Status: 4.00 GB of virtual memory available

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 16299)

FME Platform: WIN32

Locale: en_US

Code Page: 1252 (ANSI - Latin I)

FME Configuration: Process limits are 15.93 GB of physical memory and 4.00 GB of address space

FME Configuration: Start freeing memory when process usage exceeds 2.83 GB of memory or 3.41 GB of address space

FME Configuration: Stop freeing memory when process usage is below 2.12 GB of memory and 2.56 GB of address space

Creating writer for format:

Creating reader for format: LizardTech MrSID

Trying to find a DYNAMIC plugin for reader named `MRSID'

Loaded module 'MRSID' from file 'C:\\apps\\FME\\plugins/GDAL.dll'

FME API version of module 'MRSID' matches current internal version (3.8 20160224)

MRSID reader: Opening file 'C:\\MapData\\Williamson County\\SID\\Williamson_Co_2014.sid'

Using MultiWriter $Revision$ ( $Date$ ) with keyword `MULTI_WRITER' to output data (ID_ATTRIBUTE is `multi_writer_id')

Writer output will be ordered by value of multi_writer_id

Loaded module 'LogCount_func' from file 'C:\\apps\\FME\\plugins/LogCount_func.dll'

FME API version of module 'LogCount_func' matches current internal version (3.8 20160224)

Creating writer for format: FME Feature Store (FFS)

FME Configuration: No destination coordinate system set

Predefined coordinate system `IL83-EF' (NAD83 Illinois State Planes, East Zone, US Foot) matches dataset coordinate system

The OGC definition of the FME coordinate system 'IL83-EF' is 'PROJCS["NAD83 / Illinois East (ftUS)",GEOGCS["NAD83",DATUM["North_American_Datum_1983",SPHEROID["GRS 1980",6378137,298.257222101,AUTHORITY["EPSG","7019"]],AUTHORITY["EPSG","6269"]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0,AUTHORITY["EPSG","8901"]],UNIT["degree",0.01745329251994328,AUTHORITY["EPSG","9122"]],AUTHORITY["EPSG","4269"]],UNIT["US survey foot",0.3048006096012192,AUTHORITY["EPSG","9003"]],PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",36.66666666666666],PARAMETER["central_meridian",-88.33333333333333],PARAMETER["scale_factor",0.999975],PARAMETER["false_easting",984250.0000000002],PARAMETER["false_northing",0],AUTHORITY["EPSG","3435"],AXIS["X",EAST],AXIS["Y",NORTH]]'

FME Configuration: Source coordinate system for reader MRSID_1[MRSID] set to `IL83-EF' as read from input data

Coordinate System `IL83-EF' parameters: CS_NAME=`IL83-EF' DESC_NM=`NAD83 Illinois State Planes, East Zone, US Foot' DT_NAME=`NAD83' GROUP=`SPCS83F' MAP_SCL=`1' MAX_LAT=`43.05' MAX_LNG=`-86.7333333333333' MIN_LAT=`36.5166666666667' MIN_LNG=`-89.55' ORG_LAT=`36.6666666666667' PARM1=`-88.3333333333333' PROJ=`TM' QUAD=`1' SCL_RED=`0.999975' SOURCE=`Calculated from IL83-E by Mentor Software' UNIT=`FOOT' X_OFF=`984250'

MRSID_MRSID_1 Feature Counter -1 3(TeeFactory): MRSID_MRSID_1 Feature Counter -1 3: Failed to write feature data to `%0'

Stored 1 feature(s) to FME feature store file `C:\\Users\\DOUGBL~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\no-conn-ffs-1519219239282_15664.ffs'

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Feature output statistics for `FFS' writer using keyword `W_1':

Features Written

MRSID_MRSID_1 1

==============================================================================

Total Features Written 1

MRSID_MRSID_1 Feature Counter -1 3: Failed to write feature data to `%0'

FME Session Duration: 6 minutes 33.3 seconds. (CPU: 354.5s user, 28.0s system)

END - ProcessID: 14816, peak process memory usage: 3446104 kB, current process memory usage: 63708 kB

MRSID_MRSID_1 Feature Counter -1 3: Failed to write feature data to `%0'

Program Terminating

Translation FAILED.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @dblenman,

Hmmm, That's on odd error. It seems like FME is trying to create an FFS file for some reason. Can you make sure that you're not running with Full Inspection turned on and remove any inspector transformers which might be present. Also check that you are not 'Redirecting to the Data Inspector' (in the writer menu)

I also notice that you're running FME 32 bit which will limit the amount of memory FME can use. Installing FME 64 bit might help here also.

The next thing to try is to see if a more recent version (Latest release) has the same problem. It could be there was a bug fixed between the version you are running and a more recent release.

Hi @dblenman,

Hmmm, That's on odd error. It seems like FME is trying to create an FFS file for some reason. Can you make sure that you're not running with Full Inspection turned on and remove any inspector transformers which might be present. Also check that you are not 'Redirecting to the Data Inspector' (in the writer menu)

I also notice that you're running FME 32 bit which will limit the amount of memory FME can use. Installing FME 64 bit might help here also.

The next thing to try is to see if a more recent version (Latest release) has the same problem. It could be there was a bug fixed between the version you are running and a more recent release.
Hello Matt,

I am back to this project again but am still getting the same error. I did upgrade to the latest version of FME and am running on a 64 bit platform with no data inspectors. Would you mind if I provided you the raster (that does open up in other programs) so that you and your team there might be able to help me figure this out? If so, please just let me know how I can send you the file and I'll gladly do so.

This is perhaps the most basic conversion ever - and I've only ever seen this error when I try to convert this one SID file to an ECW (which is again something I've done MANY times with FME).

Userlevel 3
Badge +17
Hello Matt,

I am back to this project again but am still getting the same error. I did upgrade to the latest version of FME and am running on a 64 bit platform with no data inspectors. Would you mind if I provided you the raster (that does open up in other programs) so that you and your team there might be able to help me figure this out? If so, please just let me know how I can send you the file and I'll gladly do so.

This is perhaps the most basic conversion ever - and I've only ever seen this error when I try to convert this one SID file to an ECW (which is again something I've done MANY times with FME).

Hi @dblenman

Would you be able to create a support case at https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/?

You will be able to attach the problem dataset when submitting the case.