Question

Reconcile and Post Issue

• 1 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I am trying to post and reconcile in a versioned SDE environment within FME. I have set up a workspace as described by @vincethom in his post here.

I have a creator-->AttributeCreator(OBJECTID that I set to -1) --> to my SDE Writer. My SDE writer parameters are as follows:

Databaseconnection

Connection File: (My Version)

General Parameters:

Transaction Type: Versioned Edit Session

Advanced

Reconcile and Post: Yes

Delete Child state follwing reconcile and post: No

Commit Transactions at the end of Write: Yes

I get the following error:

Unable to post the version '"NORTHCOW\\MyVersionto the target version 'sde.DEFAULT' because the version 'sde.DEFAULT' is protected and not public. Make the target version public or retry the translation connecting as the owner of the target version 'sde.DEFAULT'

Both my version and the parent access is set to "Protected". I have no issues reconciling and posting in ESRI and my licensing is current.

My FME build is FME(R) 2018.1.0.2 (20180903 - Build 18547 - WIN64)

Thanks!

1 reply

Badge +6

My problem:

I have a FME Server engine running on our ArcGIS Enterprise server (10.6.1).

I have a workspace which needs some ArcPy methods only availible in ArcPy-pro

Setting the Python Compatibility in Workbench to Esri ArcGIS Pro 2.1/2.2/2.3 does not work (can't find...)

My attempt to fix:

On the Enterprise server, an 3.6 environment lives in

C:\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\ArcGIS\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3

Hidden, to be used in services published with ArcGIS Pro.

I set my custom-python variables to

Python:
        Custom Python Home 64: C:\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\ArcGIS\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\
        Python Interpreter 64: C:\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\ArcGIS\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\python36.dll
        Use Custom Python 64: true

Now, when I choose 'Python 3.6+', this python is used. I do reorder my python-path, so the ESRI stuff comes before the FME stuff.

Import arcpy yields a complex error, (something with numpy and the version of python 3.6 against which numpy was compiled).

Probably because I do not properly activate the conda environment using this route. I expect this to be magically done in the normal ArcGIS Pro situation, when choosing this as python compatibility setting, but not in my case.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me to try, or better still, a solution?