Question

Adding a logo to a pdf when using fanout

• 27 March 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

I have an existing workspace that creates a pdf and inserts a logo by reading a png file and then using a rastergeoreferencer to place that on the page (using page units).

I now want to expand this workspace to create multiple pdfs using the fanout on the dataset. However using the fanout means the raster ends up in a pdf file of it's own due to not having the relevant attribute set. I cannot just set the attribute as it needs to go in each pdf output.

Any bright ideas?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

have you looked at the suggestions in this thread?

David
Userlevel 4
Sorry, just realized you were one of those answering in the thread I was referring to!

Have you tried using a RasterBandCombiner to combine the logo and the underlying raster into a single raster feature before the fanout?

David
Userlevel 1
Badge +21
The logo position on the page is set using page units rather than mapunits. As the raster background is not at a consistent scale I think it would be quite complicated to combine the logo with the background mapping. I'm still not sure how it would be possible to place the logo on all 15 raster backgrounds (15 rastergeoreferencers?)
Userlevel 4
Could you perhaps use a Cloner to create 15 copies of your logo, then use the Copy number attribute to assign them their corresponding fanout values?

David
Userlevel 1
Badge +21
Perfect, the cloner was just what I was looking for.