Question

Directory and File Pathnames FME Server with Windows Login

• 23 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hello, I would like to access a protected network address with a reader (Path / filename) and search the folder structure. To do this, I have to log in with my user name and password. I get access through the Windows network, but not via the FME server. I have already tried all 5 network authentication methods. What to do here?

1 reply

Badge +11

Hi @ivopaffrath,

Thanks for the question. I'm assuming you've tested this on FME Desktop and it works just fine for you. That's because you are running the process (FME.exe) under your user account (your windows login).

By default, when FME Server is installed, the components of the FME Server will run under a local account called LOCAL SYSTEM (or similar). When you run a job with the FME.exe process is running as that user. This user, as you can imagine, won't have access to the network. To get passed this configure your FME Server to run with a domain service account. If this is an express install, you can update the FME Server Engines to run as your own windows account and that should allow you to access the network locations. Be sure to use UNC paths... and not mapped drives.

Visit the FME Server Documentation for more information.

Running the FME Server System Services Under Different Accounts (Windows)

Cheers!

Steve