Question

How to change PDF 2D background color

• 2 September 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello, I want to convert DGN file to PDF, but in DGN file are features in white color. I need to change background color of PDF 2D to black color, how can I do that please?

Thank You so much!

Lubo

5 replies

Badge +16

Hi,

Dont think it is possible in the 2D PDF writer, maybe you should consider the 3D PDF writer where it is possible and actually standard black

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @lazarlubomir, probably it's impossible as Itay mentioned. If you need to use the PDF2D writer anyway, a workaround I can think of is to create a large rectangular polygon which contains all the line features and fill it with the background color, and then write it into the PDF page as the backmost layer. You can control layer drawing order with the 'Layer Order' parameter for each PDF2D writer feature type.

Badge +1

Hi @lazarlubomir, probably it's impossible as Itay mentioned. If you need to use the PDF2D writer anyway, a workaround I can think of is to create a large rectangular polygon which contains all the line features and fill it with the background color, and then write it into the PDF page as the backmost layer. You can control layer drawing order with the 'Layer Order' parameter for each PDF2D writer feature type.

So could I export 2D data into 3D PDF writer? Is that problem for FME or not? I attach simple DGN file...

abc.zip

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
So could I export 2D data into 3D PDF writer? Is that problem for FME or not? I attach simple DGN file...

abc.zip

You can write Lines into 3D PDF, but the writer doesn't support rendering Text features. Text features will be written as points.

Badge +16

Good idea @takashi !