Solved

Minecraft block state?

• 13 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi! I've built all of our municipality (including terrain, type of terrain, roads, water, bridges, tunnels, buildings, trees and railway) in FME. The kids keep complaining about the slow railway :) So now I've added powered rail on redstone to get faster trains. But the powered rail does not seem to be activated. If manually removing the powered rail and add again manually, the new powered rail get activated and the train goes fast. Is there a way to programmatically activate the powered rail in FME? I've tried using a block state parameter (which is supported in Minecraft) in addition to blockID and blockData. I called the parameter blockState, and set it to true, but FME does not seem to support that parameter. Can you add that support, or is there another way to programmatically activate the powered rail?

Best regards, Ken Karlsson

icon

Best answer by kenkar 17 September 2019, 12:40

View original

7 replies

Badge

Hi @kenkar

I consulted a Minecraft expert in my family :) He confirmed he wouldn't like a slow railway and suggested using a debug stick https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Debug_Stick to change the blockstate. You can use /give (name) minecraft:debug-stick command to get it. I wonder how many blocks you will need to alter though...

Please let me know if you need more details. If the above info is not sufficient, I will ask the expert for a demo and write step by step instructions for you.

Currently, the blockstate is indeed not supported by Minecraft Writer https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_ReadersWriters/minecraft/Feature_Representation.htm If fixing railways becomes tedious time consuming job and you believe blockstate support would make a difference and would in general be a good addition to Minecraft Reader/Writer, please submit an idea here: https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/list.html

Hi @lenaatsafe!

Thank you for the answer. I actually found a solution to the problem yesterday night . I found this documentation about powered rails:

So I used the fourth bit in blockData-parameter and instead of using 0 for a flat track going north-south I used the value 8. Now the experts can go fast by train in a world made of FME :)

Best regards, Ken

Badge

Hi @lenaatsafe!

Thank you for the answer. I actually found a solution to the problem yesterday night . I found this documentation about powered rails:

So I used the fourth bit in blockData-parameter and instead of using 0 for a flat track going north-south I used the value 8. Now the experts can go fast by train in a world made of FME :)

Best regards, Ken

Awesome! I am sure there are loads of appreciation :D

Thank you for sharing your solution.

Hi @kenkar​ 

I've just found this question, since Im doing something similar to you.

Does that mean the block can either go in the correct direction, or can be powered? Not both?

Slight issue if this is the case!

Cheers,

Sam

Hi @sammyc​ 

It probably works with both if you add the number of track you will use to 8. Since I was using the flat track going north-south (which is 0) my number ended up with 8+0=8.

So if you will use a flat track going west-east and have the powered rail active you should use 9 (8+1).

Best regards, Ken

Hi @sammyc​ 

It probably works with both if you add the number of track you will use to 8. Since I was using the flat track going north-south (which is 0) my number ended up with 8+0=8.

So if you will use a flat track going west-east and have the powered rail active you should use 9 (8+1).

Best regards, Ken

You are an absolute hero! I spent so long trying to solve this on my own.

Thank you so much :)

Glad I could help :)