Question

Nested feature types in CityGML

• 16 December 2016
  • 0 replies

Hi all,

I'm interested in writing CityGML that comprise fairly complex relationships between features. From my current experiments It seems like producing nested structures is difficult, at least when using the in-built CityGML writer, and I have not been able to work this out.

For example, I have been testing the IFC to CityGML workspace from the 3Dtutorial [1]. One part of this converting the IFCFurnishingElement and IFCBuildingProxy to the CItyGML BuildingFurniture type. According to the CityGML UML , the furniture type should be navigable from room which should be a part of the building. However it seems these features are skipped when writing out the file (even though features are counted up going to the writer).

My end goal is to understand how to populate ADE attributes from the energy ADE xsd. While I can successfully write out feature types for the ADE with some attributes, I don't understand how to nest the features with each other. For example, ThermalBoundary composing ThermalZone composing Building.

Can anyone shed any light on achieving nested feature types in the resulting XML please? Or point me to an example where ADE or CityGML features are composed / linked together?

Cheers

[1] https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1024/bim-to-gis-advanced-ifc-lod-200-to-lod-3-citygml.html

0 replies

Be the first to reply!