Question

AutoCAD to KMZ hyperlink attribute

Badge

Hi,

I am new to FME, need some help please.

I need to convert AutoCAD dwg with some polylines and text into KMZ. Text includes hyperlink to .dst (dataset) file.

How can I include hyperlink in KMZ file?

Thank you !

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @klika68,

Could you share a sample of your DWG?

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Here is Autocad file. As you can see, any SR*** text has hyperlink to .dst file that is stored on local drive.

index-map-sample.dwg

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Here is Autocad file. As you can see, any SR*** text has hyperlink to .dst file that is stored on local drive.

index-map-sample.dwg

Thanks your data. I opened in FME Data Inspector and selected the text from feature type SR31-1708.

How you can see the attribute extended_data has the information your local files dst.

My question: For now do you want to red theses values from extended_data and convert into KML?

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Hi Danilo, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I want to covert it to KMZ so both lines and text are included and also hyperlink is preserved in KMZ file so I can open .dst file.

Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi Danilo, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I want to covert it to KMZ so both lines and text are included and also hyperlink is preserved in KMZ file so I can open .dst file.

Thank you

Perfect. Could you say that system coordinate is your dwg file? I need to set before write KML.

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Hi Danilo,

AutoCAD drawing has no assigned coordinate system, you can just leave it as is/unkwown.

For Google earth/KMZ file the best bet is to go with either WGS84 or LL84, they are very similar.

Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi Danilo,

AutoCAD drawing has no assigned coordinate system, you can just leave it as is/unkwown.

For Google earth/KMZ file the best bet is to go with either WGS84 or LL84, they are very similar.

Thank you

Hi @klika68,

I generated the kml final and stored the attributes in dst_local1 and dst_local2:

I used the transformer AttributeExposer to enable the format : attribute autocad_extended_data_list

Workspace attached.

Thanks, - workspace-dwg-to-kml.fmwt

Danilo

Badge

Hi Danilo,

unfortunately that`s not what I need. I can see SR*** text with attributes but there is no any links to .dst What I need is an option to click on the SR*** text and .dst hyperlink and open that file.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi Danilo,

unfortunately that`s not what I need. I can see SR*** text with attributes but there is no any links to .dst What I need is an option to click on the SR*** text and .dst hyperlink and open that file.

Thanks

Hi @klika68,

I understand you now your request. So, needs to create a attribute like a link.

In transformer AttributeManager i renamed this:

And after used a transformer AttributeCreator to create new Attributes: Hiperlink1 and Hiperlink2:

Has a interesting link about a similar case: Open a PDF Document from a kml feature.

Thanks,

Danilo
Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @klika68,

I understand you now your request. So, needs to create a attribute like a link.

In transformer AttributeManager i renamed this:

And after used a transformer AttributeCreator to create new Attributes: Hiperlink1 and Hiperlink2:

Has a interesting link about a similar case: Open a PDF Document from a kml feature.

Thanks,

Danilo
Hi @klika68,

Did you have a good results?

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Hi Danilo,

it does not work for me. I am confused. Why do you have to rename output attribute in Attr. Manager?

Would you be able to send me a workflow?

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi Danilo,

it does not work for me. I am confused. Why do you have to rename output attribute in Attr. Manager?

Would you be able to send me a workflow?

Thanks

Hi @klika68,

Attached the Workspace Template and the result inside KML file:

I

I configurated the AttributeManager to create the values like Links.

Thanks, - workspace-dwg-to-kml-04102017.fmw

Danilo

Badge
Hi @klika68,

Attached the Workspace Template and the result inside KML file:

I

I configurated the AttributeManager to create the values like Links.

Thanks, - workspace-dwg-to-kml-04102017.fmw

Danilo

Hey Danilo,

is it possible to replace STRING to FILE using StringReplacer or maybe some other option? I am not sure how to do it. The link with STRING does not open in AutocAD but works with FILE instead.

<th>dst_local_1</th>

<td><a href="string:\\\\van-fps\\groups\\Engineering\\Technical Records\\Vancouver_Common\\AutoCAD Sheet Set\\Fibre\\SR\\SR14827-3678\\SR14827-3678 [VW07175].dst"> Open</a></td>

Thank you very much for your help!

capture3.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
Hey Danilo,

is it possible to replace STRING to FILE using StringReplacer or maybe some other option? I am not sure how to do it. The link with STRING does not open in AutocAD but works with FILE instead.

<th>dst_local_1</th>

<td><a href="string:\\\\van-fps\\groups\\Engineering\\Technical Records\\Vancouver_Common\\AutoCAD Sheet Set\\Fibre\\SR\\SR14827-3678\\SR14827-3678 [VW07175].dst"> Open</a></td>

Thank you very much for your help!

capture3.png

Hi @klika68, its good to listen that its works!