Question

Error while using AGOL writer

• 30 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I am trying to write FME transformed data to AGOL using AGOL writer. Here are my steps for writing AGOL:

1) Created feature class on AGOL that has the same number and name of fields as it is in FME transformation.

2) Use AGOL writer and set the constraints Feature service to the same feature layer created in the first step.

3) Give a name to writer the same as the feature class has.

When I run the transformation, it throws an error and states that 0 features successfully written to the layer. Please note that data on the FME transformation does not have field/attribute called Object_ID. When I go to the AGOL, I found that 851 out of 24435 features were present online. Could anyone help me where am I making the mistake?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @muhammad_yasir, thanks for your question! Sounds like you've created the layer in AGOL already. To ensure you're working with the correct schema, etc, let's add the Writer Feature Type by pointing it's schema to the existing AGOL layer that you are writing to.

If you already have the Writer added to your workspace, you can add another Feature Type by going to the Writer menu > Import Feature Types...

Follow the dialogs and point to the existing layer on AGOL. This will add a new Writer Feature Type on the workspace canvas. Let's see if you have any luck writing to this one.

Reference: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_ReadersWriters/arcgisonlinefeatures/arcgisonlinefeatures.htm#Writer