Solved

Error running translation with FME 64-bit, ArcGIS Background Geoprocessing and ArcGIS Pro

• 22 January 2018
  • 1 reply

I have FME 2016 1.3.2 64-bit installed together with ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1 and ArcGIS 10.5 and uses the File Geodatabase ArcObjects reader and writer. When I run a workspace I can see the the line

"Installed ArcGIS version is '2.0'" in the log indicating that FME are using the ArcGIS Pro installation to read and write the data.

Now I have installed ArcGIS Background Geoprocessing to run some python scripts in 64-bit. But after the installation of ArcGIS Background Geoprocessing I am getting "Error running translation" in workbench after running all tranformers in the workspace and writing the data is done. I have compared two log files one from before the installation of ArcGIS Background Geoprocessing and one from after the installation. Before the log says: "Installed ArcGIS version is '2.0'" and after the log says: Installed ArcGIS version is '10.5'.

So my question is can I control which verion of my ArcGIS installations for FME to use or is there another way workaround?

icon

Best answer by lars_de_vries 23 January 2018, 15:30

View original

1 reply

Badge +10

Hi @taudorf,

this is a common problem. You could vote for this idea. It actually describes your problem and I think it even became more relevant with the introduction of ArcGIS Pro. Esri thinks you should have either Pro or Desktop, but I know a lot of users have both installed with implications for the license FME picks up.

The problem is mentioned in these questions:

And in these Knowledgebase articles:

I hope this helps you a bit and Safe Software finds a way to resolve thisquickly.