Question

A colleague of mine fails to run translations because her workspace cannot find a log file, but the workspace works fine on my computer. How come?

• 27 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello! I'm trying to help our new teammate with my limited FME knowledge figure out how to get our workspaces to run on her computer. Whenever she tries running a translation, it almost immediately terminates and returns a message that it was unable to open a log file.

The FME version she is running is different from the version of the workspace, but when I try and use it on my computer that also has mismatched version, the translation succeeds. We tried setting a logfile that already existed as suggested in this post: https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q00008LczubSAB/i-am-a-new-fme-userwhen-i-try-to-run-a-workspace-that-has-been-authored-by-a-colleague-i-get-the-following-error-message-and-the-translation-terminates-i-can-save-the-workspace-as-a-different-file-name-and-it-will-run-without-error

But that didn't work either, giving a file does not exist message. Any suggestions?

1 reply

Badge +2

@adibd99​ did you try just clearing the Log File as shown in the article you referenced? Then FME will just write tot he default location which is a log file with the same name as the workspace, in the same folder as the workspace.