Skip to main content

Hi,

we have just ugraded from FME 2013 to FME 2018.1. Input data of the workspace are xml-files. In the workflow a liste ("Namensliste") is created by using the transformer ListConcatenator. The liste containes names separated by carriage return and new line. In RealDWG-Writer a template DW T is specified, user parameters of the liste are "char" for type and "400" for width.

Running the workspace in FME 2018 a new warning is now logged:

Truncated extended entity Attribute Value in 'Eigentümer' from 'Eigentümer=Mickey Mouse

Minnie Mouse

Dagobert Duck

….some further names….

Donald Duck ' to 'Eigentümer=Mickey Mouse

Minnie Mouse

Dagobert Duck

….some further names….

Dona'. Cannot be longer than 255 characters in length

I checked the created DWG: despite of the warning all listes are written correctly/completely to the layer "ET". How can I avoid this warning? What about the format parameters in the writer? There are some parameters with type "char" and width "255" e.g. autocad_original_text_string. Is this the form parameter to modify? And how can I modify a form parameter?

I would appreciate your advice very much.

Kind regards

Format attributes can't be changed, only user attributes. As it seems that the data is written ok despite the warnings I'd recommend sending this in to Safe's support and see if they can suppress the warning.

Format attributes can't be changed, only user attributes. As it seems that the data is written ok despite the warnings I'd recommend sending this in to Safe's support and see if they can suppress the warning.

Thanks very much for your response, so I know that modifying format parameters isn‘t a solution to the problem. I will have another look on the workspace to be safe not to have missed a detail in the user settings. With your experience - it seems likely to be a bug?

Kind regards

Thanks very much for your response, so I know that modifying format parameters isn‘t a solution to the problem. I will have another look on the workspace to be safe not to have missed a detail in the user settings. With your experience - it seems likely to be a bug?

Kind regards

Hard to say whether it's a bug, but the warning doesn't seem to match what's actually happening so I think Safe should take a look at it.

Hard to say whether it's a bug, but the warning doesn't seem to match what's actually happening so I think Safe should take a look at it.

Hi @mazi,

I agree with @redgeographics, since the data is writing as expected the warning should not appear. Additionally, it looks like the format attribute specifications in the Real DWG Writer Documentation and the format attribute type in the Real DWG Writer are not consistent.

By any chance have you upgraded the writer and transformers on the workspace after opening it in FME 2018.1?

Are you able to confirm which build of FME you are using (Help > About FME Workbench) and, if possible, upload your workspace? If you are unable to publicly share your workspace, I would recommend submitting a case via the report a problem webform and attaching your workspace there.

Hi @ChrisAtSafe and @redgeographics,

thanks for answering. I didn't update the writers/readers/transfomers in general. I ran the workspace in FME 2013 and FME 2018 simultaneously and compared the dataflow (numbers of features passing the transformers and reaching the writers) and the output created. Except from the warning for the REALDWG-writer and another point, where I changed the transformer type from FeatureMerger to FeatureJoiner, the workspace did a fine job. So I decided not to do any updates (FME 2014 User Case: Checking FME-Transformer Versions, July 2014, Mark Ireland. Is there a change in philosophy regarding the need of updates?). Today I updated the RealDWG Writer - but the warning still remains (the format parameters of the RealDWG writer are now identical to Chris's screenshot). Because we processe confidential data, I have to check, wether I can submit a case via the report a problem webform.

Informations to build of FME and the updated REALDWG writer:

And the last transformers on the way to the RealDWG-Writer:

Kind regards