Skip to main content

Hi I am trying to write from one feature class, three separate tables to one file geodatabase but only the last table is saved. I do not know how to keep all three tables in the database. I am fairly new to fme. I am using FME 2015. I have tried with Format Parameters-Feature Operations, Update and Insert but both with same results.

this is what it looks like

this is what it looks like

Can you post a screenshot of the Navigator window?

I suspect that you have added three writers for the same *.gdb dataset. You can use just a single writer to create three feature types (tables).

fme-nav-wind.png

OK. Your workspace has three FILEGDB writers, so the final writer will overwrite the existing *.gdb created by the previous writers. If you set NO to the Overwrite Geodatabase parameter of the 2nd and 3rd writers, existing *.gdb won't be overwritten.

Alternatively, as a better solution, you can create the three tables with just a single FILEGDB writer.

1. Change the Writer for the 2nd and 3rd tables to the "[filegdb] - 1" writer. You can change the writer in the feature type properties dialog, like this.

2. Then, delete the "[filegdb] - 2" and "[filegdb] - 3" writers from the workspace.

OK. Your workspace has three FILEGDB writers, so the final writer will overwrite the existing *.gdb created by the previous writers. If you set NO to the Overwrite Geodatabase parameter of the 2nd and 3rd writers, existing *.gdb won't be overwritten.

Alternatively, as a better solution, you can create the three tables with just a single FILEGDB writer.

1. Change the Writer for the 2nd and 3rd tables to the "[filegdb] - 1" writer. You can change the writer in the feature type properties dialog, like this.

2. Then, delete the "[filegdb] - 2" and "[filegdb] - 3" writers from the workspace.

Now you have just a single FILEGDB writer that contains the three tables.

Many thanks takashi. That did the trick.